SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 55X muzzle blast forward device?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 55X muzzle blast forward device? Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
I have a WCA SG551 and wondering if any firm offers a blast forward device for the muzzle? I may file a Form 1 and SBR it using a real Swiss 551 upper... in which case muzzle blast may become even more pronounced so would appreciate it if anyone has used such on a 55X, what that might be?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The Diameter of a factory SIG 55x flashider is 22mm. That´s a STANAG size. What will fit a standard AR flashider will work on a SIG flashider as well.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean a linear comp or something to mount on the flashhider?

A linear comp would probably be more size efficient and will fit on the 1/2x28 threads on US made sig barrels.

Posts: 267 | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I may file a Form 1 and SBR it using a real Swiss 551 upper...

You might want to re-think that plan. Its not an AR-15.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
you mean like this?
https://www.kawvalleyprecision...p/kvp-linear-blk.htm

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I may file a Form 1 and SBR it using a real Swiss 551 upper... in which case muzzle blast may become even more pronounced so would appreciate it if anyone has used such on a 55X, what that might be?

Two problems with this:
1. The upper receiver is the serialized controlled firearm of the 55x.
2. The Swiss 551 has an integrally machined non-removable flash hider.

The blast of the 551 short barrel is not bad at all. A linear Comp is a waste of money and will look silly on your sbr wca 551. Your money, your rifle but I wouldn't do it. You could add a SF or SiCo suppressor mount and use the respective blast divertor. Or use a Noveske PIG. The SF and SiCo muzzle devices will preclude removal of the gas tube without removal of the muzzle device, while the PIG will likely not allow removal of the gas tube or piston. Also, the PIG will increase back pressure in an already overgassed rifle.

If you want a Swiss 551 sbr I recommend you sell your WCA 551 on Gunbroker and buy one of the JDI import 551 pistols.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post