SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    114 Years Young (Swedish Hotness)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

114 Years Young (Swedish Hotness) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
How much does an upper grade Swede like the OP's run ?

If I recall right, I think I paid like 420, which included a 30 discount for making an hour and a half drive which saved the shipping hassles.

Plus, got to meet a great semi local guy who is a big Swede Mauser fan, so a big win all around!

From what I have seen, it looks like if you budget between 500-600 you should be able to get a very nice 96 rifle.

Once you start wandering off into the carbines, snipers, and target versions.... bring more $$$!

Bill R

You got a decent price. Congrats.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me this would be the HOLY GRAIL of Carl Gustav 6.5x55 swede rifles

https://auctions.morphyauction...29_BR-LOT476579.aspx

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
One rifle I would really like is a Mannlicher with a Bavarian stock in 6.5 mm Swede.

Great surplus rifle.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ruger did a limited run of Mannlicher-stocked M77 Mk. IIs in 6.5x55 back in 2015ish. They were a Lipseys exclusive, and there were only a couple hundred made.

And CZ offered their Mannlicher-stocked 550 FS in 6.5x55 up until a few years ago, when it was discontinued.

Not Mannlicher actions, but similar aesthetics. And I know the 550 FS in 6.5 can still be found online.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
One rifle I would really like is a Mannlicher with a Bavarian stock in 6.5 mm Swede.

Great surplus rifle.

Sako Bavarian.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post