SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Last round bolt hold open?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Last round bolt hold open? Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I can make do but I strongly prefer a BHO. If all else was equal I'd not pick something without one.
+1


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 11932 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Lack of a bolt hold open isn't a deal breaker for me, as I'm used to HK91s.


Same. I get the arguments for and against, but this manual of arms doesn't bother me at all. LRBHO is faster, and it's nice, but for a really nice rifle, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if it didn't hold open. There's more than a few that don't have this feature that I wouldn't mind owning a nice example of.


_________________________
 
Posts: 8391 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
New question ... Not a thread drift ... IMHO

What if the gun has a LRBHO, but no release? (other than pulling the charge handle to release it after changing mags)

I'm sure there are others, but the only two I can think of at the moment is the Ares Defense MCR and CZ Bren 805


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4310 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
New question ... Not a thread drift ... IMHO

What if the gun has a LRBHO, but no release? (other than pulling the charge handle to release it after changing mags)

I'm sure there are others, but the only two I can think of at the moment is the Ares Defense MCR and CZ Bren 805


The M14/M1A and Mini-14/Mini-30 all have last round bolt hold open, but no specific bolt release lever, instead relying on pulling the charging handle rearward.

I don't see any issue at all with that setup. There's no need for a separate lever.
 
Posts: 19583 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
New question ... Not a thread drift ... IMHO

What if the gun has a LRBHO, but no release? (other than pulling the charge handle to release it after changing mags)

I'm sure there are others, but the only two I can think of at the moment is the Ares Defense MCR and CZ Bren 805


The M14/M1A and Mini-14/Mini-30 all have last round bolt hold open, but no specific bolt release lever, instead relying on pulling the charging handle rearward.

I don't see any issue at all with that setup. There's no need for a separate lever.


(as usual)...Bingo!!

I don't care on a toy, but on gun I set up for the protection of those I love, I want a bolt hold open.

How it's closed is of no importance to me unless I need both hands and feet to do it.


53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Read Quod Apostolici Muneris (1878) LEO XIII. This Pope warned us about the Socialists before most folks knew what a Socialist was...
 
Posts: 4886 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The fact that a lot of people get by without a common feature is a spurious argument. What about those who don’t? How many men have been killed in combat because their guns didn’t have that feature?
Don’t know? Can’t know? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

At the individual level 99.9 percent good enough isn’t good enough if I’m that 0.1 percent that needs the feature in a critical situation.




“... try not to shoot any friendlies ….”
— JALLEN
 
Posts: 37506 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The fact that a lot of people get by without a common feature is a spurious argument. What about those who don’t? How many men have been killed in combat because their guns didn’t have that feature?
Don’t know? Can’t know? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

At the individual level 99.9 percent good enough isn’t good enough if I’m that 0.1 percent that needs the feature in a critical situation.


Yup!

I learned a long time ago that 0.1 percent is 100 percent if it happens to you.


53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Read Quod Apostolici Muneris (1878) LEO XIII. This Pope warned us about the Socialists before most folks knew what a Socialist was...
 
Posts: 4886 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I don't have a fire team backing me up, so I would like to know when my rifle is empty. And that's from someone who loves his roller-lockers.
 
Posts: 7813 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Last round bolt hold open?

© SIGforum 2018