SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele SSA Trigger & Drop Into Sig516G2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele SSA Trigger & Drop Into Sig516G2 Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
I just dropped a Geissele SSA trigger into my Sig516G2. All I can say is "WOW!" It feels like a new weapon! The two stage trigger along with the reduction in weight to 4.5 lbs makes a world of difference.

For those of you considering this modification, you won't be sorry!

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct. The I put an SSA trigger in my 516 a couple of years ago with the exact same results. My go to rifle.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yes, the aftermarket AR triggers tend to make a major improvement.

I've always been a big fan of the Wilson Combat TTUs.

Aside from one AR that has a Geissele in it, ( only option I could use for this large FCG pin Colt, ) all the others get TTUs, including my 516.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I put the SAA trigger in my Colt 6920 a year or two ago. Don’t know why I waited so long, but I do wish I’d gone for the SAA-E.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post