SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    551 cheek riser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

551 cheek riser Login/Join 
posted
I need a cheek riser for my 551A1. I have a red dot and 3x magnifier on cantilever mounts which works nicely except for being way to high for a decent cheek weld and not cowitnessing at all. Anyways, I'm not having much luck finding one, particularly at a decent price. But I did find one for $25 from an airsoft manufacturer. Is there actually much of a quality/usability difference? Would it work ok on my rifle?

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airsoft cheek riser is ill advised and may not actually fit your stock. Spend $100 and get a Swiss cheek riser from JDI.

http://www.shop.jdifirearms.co...stock-SAN3557812.htm

“Backordered” means you need to email Dave and order it.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'll go against the grain a bit and admit I have purchased an airsoft Sig branded cheek riser. It fits very tightly against my Swiss stocks but I purchased it several years ago. I imagine being from China there will be some differences in fit. If you want to take a chance grab the airsoft one, if not Grab the genuine article. JDI is good people.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a piece of plastic.

I'd try the airsoft one first...

Do you have a link?

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
email Rolf at Gunfactory.ch - their English is perfect and far easier to coordiate a purchase over email then use their antiquated frames website.

Transport is about $15-20 on top of the listed price (Swiss Franc and the dollar are about 1:1 right now).

"Rolf Schaufelberger, Gun Factory Handels AG" <sales@gunfactory.ch>

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on link to airsoft part.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
https://www.evike.com/products/31312/

These appear to have texture, the Swiss ones are smooth ... however if you only need a riser and don't care if its correct, try it and let us know!

I've got a one of the Swiss ones that I bought because they are hard to find and I thought I might need one at some point, and I do use it occasionally with my compact ACOG.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post