SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tac-14 finally got me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tac-14 finally got me Login/Join 
Press hard,
Three copies
posted
I'm sure like most here when the Shockwave & Tac-14 were released I was intrigued. If for no other reason than a big FU to the silly laws governing some firearms. I went back and forth and ultimately the logical part of me won cause other than giggles they would serve no practical role for me.

Then I stumbled over this Model 870 Tac-14 Arm Brace. As I began realizing I had all but the Mesa LEO adapter already my grin surely would have made the Cheshire cat envious. So I found this.

Then in about an hours time including knocking out the mag tube dimples I have this

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it handles fantastic and I hope to get to the range shortly to see how she feels. As it's set up now it's a bit shorter than the factory version and gives 5+1 at 4 1/8" shorter than a standard 18.5" 870. I may make a few changes but overall I'm giddy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ceptor781,

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I've been going back and forth myself but since seeing the hardwood model I'm just waiting for it to hit the market and I'll have one.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8630091834

I bought the 590 version myself but I handled both and went with the 590 mainly because of the color. Both were very cool though and I like the version you got.

Have fun shooting it. I laughed pretty hard the whole time I shot mine. It’s a really fun shotgun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is that a shoulder thing that goes up?

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, it's an arm brace thing that may go sideways if its on a hinge. Quit giving the cretins bad ideas.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it's still longer than 26" and it doesn't have a "stock" and it doesn't have a fore grip, so it's still a "firearm"?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
So it's still longer than 26" and it doesn't have a "stock" and it doesn't have a fore grip, so it's still a "firearm"?

Your picking it up perfectly. Wink

Went with the Remington version over the Mossberg strictly because of the safety with a pistol grip. If I was going to legally put a traditional style stock it would have been Shockwave all the way.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Wink

Went with the Remington version over the Mossberg strictly because of the safety with a pistol grip. If I was going to legally put a traditional style stock it would have been Shockwave all the way.

That makes sense. I sold my first 590 for an 870 years ago for the same reason.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you add a magazine extension on that or are the new ones coming that way?

Yours:

Ones of seen:

Posts: 1141 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:

Ones I've seen:

Posts: 1141 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:

Added. It’s made by S&J Hardware, they’re not the cheapest but the quality is second to none. Prices are Canadian FYI.

You do have to knock the mag tube dimples out too.

posted Hide Post
I traded a 10/22 Takedown for my TAC-14... best decision I could make.

First I swaged the dimples for the +1 extension. Then, had to do a sidesaddle. Got two Magpul Hand Stop kits, and made a spot for my hand to stay on the forend. Put a short rail on the forend, so I could toss on a TLR-1... a few QD points, and ready to use.

Found Suarez International, and whether you like Gabe Suarez or not, they put out some good stuff. First got a vent rib barrel, then their Folding Brace. I held a Remington braced TAC-14 at a gunshow, and was shocked on how it handled. The folder puts it under the 26” when folded, but the NFA/ATF states that then length is measured with the brace extended... so 33”.

I’m going to have it plated, then it will be good to go. I really haven’t had any issue with this current production Remington... except the finish that can be rubbed off with your finger.

https://i.imgur.com/kP6q74F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZSjTmi4.jpg

Don’t know how to resize, so link instead of a giant firearm.

Posts: 184 | Location: Maine | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The latest version of the Tac 14 is pretty damn cool. So cool, I just had to order one. Even comes with a factory 1-shot extension (5+1), so you don't have to mess with removing the dimples to get more than 4 rounds in the tube like the regular Tac 14.

Remington model # 81240

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post