SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA Jakl upper
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA Jakl upper Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Looks cool but what are the benefits to this set up?
Folding stock / PDW - John Wick daydreams.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hey, even John Wick started off as just some nice kid going to high school in Ontario.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
The 13.7” (pin & welded) JAKL rifle was in stock the other day so I grabbed one. Seems like a decent value.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
The 13.7” JAKL Rifle arrived today. Fit and finish and overall feel are great.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
When are you shooting it? Interested in a report.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I have the 10" upper on a SBR lower.

Now I'm waiting for them to release the 16" 7.62x39. I wish they would do a 5.45 too.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
When are you shooting it? Interested in a report.

I’ll probably get it out to a range in a couple of weeks and will circle back with details.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Really intrigued with this offering of theirs. I may eventually grab an upper to try.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ FWIW, it would be fun to see a comparison of the JAKL and the BRN-180. In some ways the BRN is still in the teething stage, but in others its become something of a known entity.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ FWIW, it would be fun to see a comparison of the JAKL and the BRN-180. In some ways the BRN is still in the teething stage, but in others its become something of a known entity.

I’ll try to put one together. I have the pistol and rifle versions of both platforms. I haven’t shot either of the rifles yet.

They are pretty similar overall, but having the charging handle swap-able on the JAKL is an advantage. The JAKL pistol is a bit more front heavy than the BRN180 pistol though. The 13.7 inch rifle did not immediately strike me as being front heavy the way the pistol did. The super light plastic brace it came with threw off the balance, I think.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:

They are pretty similar overall

Maybe in appearance. The BRN180 is a short stroke system. The JAKL is a long stroke system. I'd say the JAKL is more like an AK than anything else.

This is my 10" disassembled

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Folded length compared to some 16” rifles. Each is pretty evenly set on the right side (though the camera angle doesn’t make it appear so).

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Really, I wish they'd offer it in a variant with a pencil barrel, especially in the 10" and 13.7" versions. It would make a really light, handy carbine.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen.