SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA Jakl upper
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA Jakl upper Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/...osted_this_on_their/

Wooowee...hope these run good and are <$600

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Jeez. PSA's pumping out a lot of stuff right now. A couple of their promised AK designs are hitting the shelves as well.

If a 16" version comes out and the initial reviews sound good, it might be interesting to compare one to the BRN-180. I'm certainly optimistic that they'll be competitive price-wise with Brownells'.

Come to think of it, I wonder if PSA's upper could be used with NoDak Spud's new AR18-style lower receiver for the BRN-180?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
On their Facebook post it states that it works with all milspec lowers
That will make a handy little truck gun with a folding brace

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it will be a 9-10.5" barrel in 5.56 would make a great get home gun/PDW for carry in a bag.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting but I wonder if it's already gone through enough R&D or do the initial purchasers need to be the guinea pigs before they get the kinks worked out?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PossibleZombie,

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks cool. I hope some the things PSA has coming out, actually come out. Between their HK Sp89 copy, this and their Glock pistol copy, I might have to sell a kidney this year to buy them.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Looks interesting but I wonder if it's already gone through enough R&D or do the initial purchasers need to be the guinea pigs before they get the kinks worked out?

Well, to be fair, their initial AKs had some kinks that needed to be worked out. Then again, their ARs are reportedly just fine. I guess that we may be waiting to find out how complicated or novel a design the JAKL is?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Excited about this possibility.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's the pic.

The next picture down on that page was very interesting too.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And exactly why would anyone care? Not being argumentative I hope. Want a short barrel AR buy one. Want one that folds get the Law folder. I'm missing why this is attractive in any way?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Given PSA's history with regular ARs, this is potentially an affordable, reliable and accurate folder from a manufacturer with the capacity to provide strong support for its products over time and some demonstrated willingness to fix what doesn't work. Many other companies have tried to make such things of late with varying degrees of success and generally hefty price tags.

I'd rather have a rifle, myself, but I think the attraction is the same regardless of barrel length.

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
And exactly why would anyone care? Not being argumentative I hope. Want a short barrel AR buy one. Want one that folds get the Law folder. I'm missing why this is attractive in any way?

Hmmm...
Can fire folded
Side charger, on the correct side for righties
Because I can have on?

--Riff Raff--

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
PSA did right on a BCG that kept eating gas rings and swapped it out for a new one years after I purchased it. They stand by their products.

That upper is nifty!

'Scruffy Lookin' is really nifty. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
300 Blackout. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My dealer is at shot now. Psa told him approx $799 for a 300blk jakl. No price or date on the mp5 clone. He said he would order me one as soon as he can get them.

It’s been years since I’ve taken an MP5 apart (no one in this area has them anymore). It will be nice to see how PSA’s compares. I can’t believe armorer’s school was over 20 years ago. I’m getting old.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd give it a try if they offer a complete kit for $699 or so, after the initial rush fades. I've got a spare lower that would be a suitable host.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Put me down for one of those JAKL’s!
That looks like the perfect truck gun.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
What's the barrel length on the 300 blackout?

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks cool but what are the benefits to this set up?

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post