SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AK-47 trigger question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AK-47 trigger question Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I finally have had the time to sit down and clean my WASR that I bought new last summer and was noticing that sometimes when I pulled the trigger dry firing (after reassembly, which I did correctly per manual and videos online) that the trigger seemed almost to have a tiny bit of slop overtravel after the break almost with another light click and then again some on the return. I’d cycle the action again and the trigger didn’t do this. Cycle again and fine, over and over a few times then it would happen again. Weird that sometimes it happened and there was no pattern to it.

The trigger is a “C” marked I believe for Century’s own trigger as they used to use tapco I read. Now they have their own I guess. It’s a decent pull weight and clean overall compared to what I was anticipating. Just don’t know why sometimes if I pulled it back it stopped and others it seemed like a harder pull after the break made this phenomenon occur. Hard to explain. Never had any issue with resetting or trigger not pulling when action worked. Is this even a thing?

I know people will say “go shoot it!”, but I was wanting to know if that is common in stock AK triggers just out of curiosity and to see if I should be aware of a potential issue.

The gun overall is beautifully fit and finished totally unlike the old reports online. I was surprised that it was already pretty clean from the factory minus a little grit here and there.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Have you taken off the dust cover and worked the action and trigger while observing?

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
No I haven’t. What would that show me?

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Did some research and it looks like the trigger is perfectly normal from what I observed without the dust cover on. The trigger springs that run parallel do not migrate inward and stay out towards the sides as they are supposed to. Seems like all is fine. Just doesn’t make sense that I got that overtravel and then a little weird of a reset.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Ditch the stock trigger and install an ALG trigger. You will be much happier.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
my Polytech doesn't do that.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Ditch the stock trigger and install an ALG trigger. You will be much happier.

+1

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post