SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    JAE closes it's doors :(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JAE closes it's doors :( Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
A sad day for me. J Allen Enterprises has officially gone out of business.

Their website is down and now only shows this message on the home page...

To our valued customers and fans of J. Allen:

It is with great sadness that after 16 years of designing and manufacturing one of the highest quality chassis systems in the world, we have recently had to layoff our employees and close our doors.

We appreciate all of you and wish that it did not have to come to this, but we were unable to find a solution to stay open. Please understand and respect that this is extremely difficult for our family and employees, and wish that we could have kept on going.

For everyone on our 5 person team, customers were our number 1 priority and it hurts us that it ended this way. At this time, we are unable to give any more info, and if that changes in the future, we will let you know.

Thank you to all who have believed in our products and loved them as much as we did. This was our life.

Sincerely,

Lisa, Jeff, and J. Allen Team

July 15, 2019

I love their stocks. I have two for my M14's.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Shit, sorry to hear this news. I was thinking of purchasing one of their JAE-100 G3 stocks in a year or two.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Pity, I came close to buying a stock when I had a Remington 700

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
SONOFABITCH.

I was going to order one. What the heck happened? It seemed like they always had a waiting list.

Maybe they'll sell their patent to someone else.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus: What the heck happened? It seemed like they always had a waiting list.

I wonder if that was part of the problem. I was looking at their stocks (maybe 10 years ago?) and the wait was 18 months. Of course, you could pay extra for the "want it now" upgrade and get that down to 12 months.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I just bought the last JAE Remington 700 long action chassis from third generation shooter's supply in titanium grey.

Looks like I need to start my Remington 700 build now. I don't even know what receiver or magazines to start with.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it. I had purchase plans (for stocks, not for the company...).

Their products are first class.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thats a shame.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post