SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "Swing by the shop when you can..." (Remington XM2010)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Swing by the shop when you can..." (Remington XM2010) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Sonofabitch

July has been a rough month. I should know better than to go down there when I get that text but it's always something cool and 9/10 times I end up with it.

Todays crack was a Factory Remington XM2010 deployment set as delivered to the Army. It's all there....the only piece that isn't is the AAC Titan suppressor which I plan to pick up in my own time.

Has the big Pelican case, soft case, sling, stock spacers, 5 mags, cleaning kits, spare parts galore and a few other odds and ends. Scope was already mounted at the factory. Curious to see if it's sighted or not.

I've only heard of a few of these squeaking out, and short of one other I found available online I haven't seen one in years. Not sure what my plans for it are yet, but here are some pictures since everyone loves those Smile

Pelican bucket o' spare parts

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well there's something you don't see every day. Congrats!

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
damn dude
congrats!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You can tell it's a new Remington, no one is willing to take credit for assembling it and no one has inspected it. Big Grin Razz Wink

In all seriousness though, looks pretty cool. Best of luck with it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You can tell it's a new Remington, no one is willing to take credit for assembling it and no one has inspected it. Big Grin Razz Wink

In all seriousness though, looks pretty cool. Best of luck with it.

Big Grin that was damn funny.

That’s a cool looking rifle.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
So what was your final cost for this gem?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Now you're ready to provide overwatch at the next Super Bowl.

Posts: 32504 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting rifle, and definitely a rarity. Hope you like it. Also hope you didn't pay anywhere near list for it.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one --- Remington action, 300WM, Leupold Mark 4.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'm in it for the right amount and in it as a collectors item. It checked the boxes Smile

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Curious if it has the Bartlein barrel it won the trials with or the factory Remington barrel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swage,

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post