SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    First Czech rifle. I hear its a good one....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Czech rifle. I hear its a good one.... Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
Golden Tiger should work in this, right?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. Mine loves Golden Tiger.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Always admired the VZ58s

Nice rifles to both you gentlemen

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue, what upper handguard/rail mount is that on your VZ? I recently picked up a VZ2008 and would be interested in mounting a red dot like that. Also never seen a cheek riser on the folding stock like that before.

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Rogue, what upper handguard/rail mount is that on your VZ? I recently picked up a VZ2008 and would be interested in mounting a red dot like that.

North Eastern Arms. It replaces the factory upper handguard/gas tube, and it's similar in style to an Ultimak mount. It's a quality mount that's nice and stable, but it doesn't look like NEA offers them any more. Luckily, it looks like Bonesteel Arms sells a Vz optic mount in the same style.

With a micro red dot on the NEA mount, the optic cowitnesses with the iron sights. Should work the same with the Bonesteel mount.

quote:
Also never seen a cheek riser on the folding stock like that before.

The awful factory folding stock is my only real complaint​ about this rifle. It's terrible. The bare factory folder caused my cheekbone and teeth to ache after only a handful of rounds are fired. I tried wrapping the stock with paracord, but that didn't help. I then purchased this pad from http://www.amd65tech.com/ It helps a bit, but it's still not ideal, and it still hurts to shoot more than a couple magazines through it. Which is a real shame, because the Vz is a fun plinker, and surprisingly accurate. If it were more comfortable to shoot, it'd see a lot more range time from me.

I plan on eventually replacing the factory folder with a folding Magpul Zhukov stock, now that RS Regulate offers an adapter for the Vz rifle. I could just install a fixed stock, but I'd like to preserve the rifle's ability to fold, since its compact size makes it ideal for hog hunting while mounted on an ATV.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Interesting circle we've come back to; I got interested in buying one when helping a buddy remove the end cap on his CZ58 pistol after he got his tax stamp back. He had a prototype RS Regulate Zukhov adapter and we had a bear of a time getting it on there (had to grind some stuff off and reverse hardware but made it work).

Its awesome with the Zukhov stock but realize the cheekweld is now only good for optics as its too high to line up the irons.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
That's a bitchin camo.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Golden Tiger is good stuff. I've heard that they have hard primers, but they should be no problem in these platforms.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
RS Regulate

I want to try this on one of my VZ's. but I don't see it on their website. Am I searching poorly?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Awesome rifles. I regret selling mine.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post