SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I have a choice on three rifles... and I'd like your opinions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a choice on three rifles... and I'd like your opinions Login/Join 
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have several 22 rifles, but not any of these exact models. For practical reasons and price, I would go with the Ruger 8348(first one listed). Because they use 10/22 magazines which are plentiful, cheap, look good, and a little easier to carry.

Strictly for the bench, go for the 8378 or CZ. If for beauty, the CZ always wins. This is just my two cents!

Oh, and I own 3 Americans, 22lr plain jane, 22mag and 17hmr Americans in S/S walnut. No CZ's just cause I am a Ruger Fan and somewhat of a cheap ass!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, gents, I finally got my hands on the CZ. It took a lot longer than expected, but I'm not going to complain a bit about it. I dropped a Sig Whiskey3 4-12 on top of it and took it out last Wednesday. I didn't get to stay at the range long, for the mosquitoes were about to carry me away.

After just a little bit of adjusting, at 45-50 yards, with vthoky-standard CCI Mini-mags:

Cool

So far I'm way happy with it, and very much looking forward to the next range session so as to move on out to 100 yards or so.

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
How do you like the At One stock? I put one on a Kimber 82 and am thinking about getting one for my CZ 455 Lux.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I need to adjust it a little -- add some length -- but I think it's a great stock. The rifle isn't particularly heavy, but that stock makes it feel solid. Its shape is way comfortable to get hold of. I've got no complaints.

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the CZ to any of the Ruger offerings.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Bought the Ruger 8348 for my daughter.

Worked well for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission Hunter Safety tournament, but was too heavy for 4H competitions.

So if you have kids that will use the rifle in competition be aware of possible weight restrictions.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

That’s just sexy.

Great choice.

Put a can on it and get some subsonics, and you will be set!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Very nice, hoky.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, VNM. Cool

God bless America.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My CZ-AT-one came in last week - 15MOA rail arrived today - expect scope and rings by the weekend - pics to follow.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That stock is just plain purdy. Good thing no one seems to have the color I want in stock for the 455 otherwise I'd have to buy one too.

Got lucky...this time. Else-wise this place is ALWAYS costing me money. Razz

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post