SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Finished my latest AR15 build today. :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished my latest AR15 build today. :-) Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
My BCG and charging handle came this afternoon so I officially proclaim my build finished...I'm pleased how it turned out Smile...

Aero enhanced upper...that thing is pretty slick, comes with a propriety barrel nut and wrench...only drawback is you are limited to using Aero or a couple of other free float handguards that fit the upper...but not having to index for the gas tube is a small plus...

18" mid length Ballistic Advantage .223 Wylde Stainless steel barrel with pinned gas-block...VG6 GAMMA muzzle break...

12" Aero KeyMod handguard (I do like the looks of an M-lock better but I have a bunch of KeyMod rails and a BCM QD I bought for cheap a while back at our range trade day)...

Aero light weight scope mount to mount my ubiquitous Redfield 2-7 scope that seems to jump from one rifle to another...

Ballistic Advantage lower...Rock River 2 stage 4 1/2 lb. match trigger (another trade day purchase)...

I did step away from the Aero/Ballistic Advantage parts theme and used a Toolcraft black nitride BCG and a Strike extended charging handle...

I'm looking forward to heading to the range in the morning to check it out and see how (if) it shoots...it was fun to build Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I just built a similar rifle around an Aero 18" .223 Wylde upper. I've really been enjoying it.

Let us know how it shoots.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Very nice.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Nice work, looks good!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I went to the range today (after setting up for our cowboy shoot tomorrow)...I am pleased to say the least...the rifle functioned perfectly and the 100 yard groups were around 1 1/2" for 10 rounds from a rest with the Federal 55 grain stuff from Walmart...

This whole AR thing is fun Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post