SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ace folding mechanism opinion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ace folding mechanism opinion Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with ace folders, particular the push button version vs regular folding mechanism. Pro's / Cons . I was thinking of putting one on Sig 556. Thanks

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I dont...but I use a few of the HERA units and im very happy with them.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link to both please.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Ace folders.
https://star15.com. Hera is new to me...I saw them at www.lansworldinc.com yes I know these are not very good links..

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I use a push button Ace folder on one of my AK's, it is rock solid. I have the non-push button on a pistol, it is a little tough to fold.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Of those two I prefer the push button and I've got both ... but for the 556 I'd use their FSM-AR
https://star15.com/folding-mec...-fsm-ar-without-boss

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks I was leaning towards the button type, thanks.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will look at both

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, the description on the website says "left side folding" but the pictures seem to indicate "right side folding". Does anyone know what the story is?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Some you can install so it folds left or right, the ace push button version if button is up it will fold to the right or install button down folds to left, is what ace told me. Also stormwerks sells a folding hinge but not a push button version.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig:
I use a push button Ace folder on one of my AK's, it is rock solid. I have the non-push button on a pistol, it is a little tough to fold.

Same here, butt stroke strong......

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ [ARCHER]Phrasing[/ARCHER]

quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Some you can install so it folds left or right, the ace push button version if button is up it will fold to the right or install button down folds to left, is what ace told me. Also stormwerks sells a folding hinge but not a push button version.

Thanks. I've tried the Stormwerkz hinge with an ACE adapter for an AK I'd like to put a folding stock on. The height of the buffer tube was fine but the folded buttstock was a half inch away from the rifle and the actual hinge got in the way of taking a mounted sight off of the rail.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post