SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin Camp 9 reassembly problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Camp 9 reassembly problems Login/Join 
posted
Hi all!

Several months ago, after getting opinions here, I picked up a Marlin Camp 9. At the time it was brought up that I should change the buffer and recoil spring. Having extra time right now I decided to do so. Bought the parts, checked out a u tube video and went to it. Everything seemed to go well until I did a function check. The trigger would not operate, like the safety was on regardless of if what position it was in. I took the gun back apart and confirmed the problem is in the trigger group. While taking it down the video had me pull back the hammer for reassembly. I thought that before I went any further I would ask the brain trust here if they had experienced this.

By the way, upon rechecking the video it appears that he may have had the same problem. He moved the bolt but seemed to use a little sleight of hand with the trigger. As always thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I don’t own one but been there before with disassembly of arms. I would look over several videos, take it apart & keep trying until correct.

One of my techniques is to go slow, stopping then replay often as needed.

Ask these Marlin guys if need be.

https://www.marlinowners.com/f...bly-shop-manual.html

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Can't help here. I got rid of mine with a quickness after the first disassembly/reassembly. Didn't have the benefit of a bunch of online videos back then.

Really handy and fun carbine - but anything that awkward to do a thorough cleaning on is gone in my world.

Good luck.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post