SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 556 butt stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 556 butt stock Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted
M-11 Jr has decided he no longer wants/needs his SIG 556xi SWAT and is giving it to me. (Is he a great kid, or what?!) While the folding stock is nice, I'd rather have an adjustable folder. I know there are conversion kits, etc., but have no idea the best way or sources to accomplish this. So, I turn to the ultimate source- SIGforum!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I put a Magpul CTR on my 556. If memory serves it takes the commercial model. Commercial-spec buttstock tubes, in which the buttstock goes around to attach to the rifle, have a diameter of 1.168”, while the Mil-spec is slightly smaller and has a diameter of 1.148”. A buttstock designed for one size tube will not work on the other. So just measure your buffer tube and order the appropriate stock size. No further midis required.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will need the M4 stock adapter, which recently sold out on the sig Sauer USA web store and at Numrich arms.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 556 classic with the old US (non-swiss) style adjustable folder on it. Like this one here.

If they will swap (we will have to confirm the attachment points are the same) and you want to trade stocks, I would be game. My stock is in great shape, I just prefer the look of the fixed length options.

Posts: 90 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Sounds like plan to me. My son is coming up Wed to drop it off, then I have a 24hr wait time. (Thank you Chicago and associated Democrats0. I’ll get some pics and see where we stand. My email’s in my profile.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent you an e-mail, so we can take the details of this off-forum. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Posts: 90 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thingol:
I have a 556 classic with the old US (non-swiss) style adjustable folder on it. Like this one here.

If they will swap (we will have to confirm the attachment points are the same) and you want to trade stocks, I would be game. My stock is in great shape, I just prefer the look of the fixed length options.

The mounting points are the same on all the 55x guns ... I’ve put a gen2 or 3 on my 556 pistol when I SBR’d it and upgraded to a 556Xi when they came out as well.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post