SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone like shooting a mini better than an AR?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone like shooting a mini better than an AR? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Shoot a 181 series Mini 14 and then a brand new current production Mini 14. They have made considerable improvements.
Yes, the newer Mini 14s arm more accurate than the older ones.

No, the newer Min 14s still show vertical stringing when the barrel heats up.

No, the newer Mini 14s cannot equal the accuracy of AR-15s, especially when match-grade ammo is used. I am not aware of any form of competition in which carbines (AR-15s) are used, where accuracy is a part of the equation, that is being won by Mini 14s.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My experience with the mini was when my son's were nine and ten years old.
They wanted to hunt with dad.
We wound up buying two of them and they loved the things,they shot well enough for both boys to harvest deer at about 70 yards from a stand we were in.
That was with hand loads.
We spent many a Saturday at my land burning up hundreds of rounds the summer before hunt season.
They were good with the little mini's .
Back in the seventies they were a little over a hundred dollar a copy at gun shows

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

No, the newer Min 14s still show vertical stringing when the barrel heats up.

No, the newer Mini 14s cannot equal the accuracy of AR-15s, especially when match-grade ammo is used. I am not aware of any form of competition in which carbines (AR-15s) are used, where accuracy is a part of the equation, that is being won by Mini 14s.

Didn't say that any of this wasn't true.

Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post