SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My newest long gun - CZ Scorpion Carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My newest long gun - CZ Scorpion Carbine Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
I had been wanting one of these since early this year and finally found a deal I couldn't pass up. I had been looking on Gunbroker, Buds and Armslist and didn't want to spend the money; but this week found this one on Armslist. The gun is brand new and came with 4 mags, 2 20 rounders and 2 30 rounders.

The only thing I'm thinking of adding right now is a sling. Does anyone have one and have a sling? If so, what kind of sling and how did you attach it? I see different ways to attach the sling but not sure which way I'm going to go yet.

I'm looking forward to getting to the range this weekend and trying it out.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeballing and scheming about these. Reading RogueJSK and Rolans posts and talking to other friends and customers has got me lusting. I was just speaking with a guy this morning who purchased your same set up and said its hand down the best shooting pistol carbine he's shot and owned.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run my sling using the PMM parts.
http://www.parkermountainmachi...n_EVO_S1_Parts..html

I use a magpul sling but it really is personal preference. Add an optic and enjoy.
j

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I run my sling using the PMM parts.
http://www.parkermountainmachi...n_EVO_S1_Parts..html

I use a magpul sling but it really is personal preference. Add an optic and enjoy.
j

Thank you hrcjon, I watched a Youtube video on the sling adapters and they look good. I think I will give them a try.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Especially putting new parts on them. I really like the HB Industries Safeties, Duck Bill Magazine releases, trigger shoes, and oversized charging handles. I like Yeti Works for their switchback grip, and Parker Mountain Machinery for their QD points.

DSCN1109 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

+
Photo Jun 08, 10 26 59 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN1112 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

DSCN1113 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice Rolan. How do you like shooting them?

I took mine to the range Saturday and it was a lot of fun and has next to no recoil at all.

I have decided on the Parker Mountain Machinery sling mounts but one question - how does it carry with the sling mounts being so close together?

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Those look really nice Rolan. How do you like shooting them?

I took mine to the range Saturday and it was a lot of fun and has next to no recoil at all.

I have decided on the Parker Mountain Machinery sling mounts but one question - how does it carry with the sling mounts being so close together?

I've only really carried it around the range, but it felt "right". The slings I bought also permit a single point carry.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new CZ. It is a lot of fun to shoot. When I let people shoot it at the range they are amazed at how much they like it. I have put about 1500 flawless rounds through mine.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
Congratulations on your new CZ. It is a lot of fun to shoot. When I let people shoot it at the range they are amazed at how much they like it. I have put about 1500 flawless rounds through mine.

Thank you. We shot 300 rounds of UMC 115 grain ball ammo and it fired flawlessly. There was a Marine there and I let him try it out and he loved it too.

I just ordered a case of CCI Blazer for really cheap and will try that out after I get it.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My Holosite just arrived. I replaced the Vortex with the Holosite. Now I need to get to the range to site it in.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
Of all the modifications to my Scorpion by far my favorite is forward facing safety levers. The factory levers rode my finger and made shooting uncomfortable, the forward levers fixed this. I tried the lighter trigger spring kit and it made reset unreliable so I changed it out. The larger charging lever is nice but not as required as the better safety........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Of all the modifications to my Scorpion by far my favorite is forward facing safety levers. The factory levers rode my finger and made shooting uncomfortable, the forward levers fixed this. I tried the lighter trigger spring kit and it made reset unreliable so I changed it out. The larger charging lever is nice but not as required as the better safety........

I like the Ak Safeties.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
For now I'll be getting the sling mounts from PMM, a sling and a cheap scope.

In the future I will possibly look for a trigger; the trigger was very uncomfortable to because the serrations on it hurt my finger and my step-brother said the same thing happened to him as well.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
An interesting comparison. I have traded out the "Trigger shoe" on both my carbine and my pistol.

On the pistol, I also traded out the trigger springs for a set of HB Industries reduced springs.

After which, my carbine (only a trigger shoe changed) averaged 6 ½ lbs. while the pistol with the new springs and trigger shoe averaged 4 ½ lbs.

I have an extra set of reduced springs for my carbine. After trading them out, I'll retest the trigger pull and post here.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
An interesting comparison. I have traded out the "Trigger shoe" on both my carbine and my pistol.

On the pistol, I also traded out the trigger springs for a set of HB Industries reduced springs.

After which, my carbine (only a trigger shoe changed) averaged 6 ½ lbs. while the pistol with the new springs and trigger shoe averaged 4 ½ lbs.

I have an extra set of reduced springs for my carbine. After trading them out, I'll retest the trigger pull and post here.

Be sure and carefully test your trigger reset. When I installed those same springs mine wouldn't reset as consistently as I demand. Maybe after a thorough polishing of the appropriate surfaces it might work properly but until then I reinstalled the factory springs for 100% function........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
djpaintles,

The reset is great. Both are in the 4-4½ lb range. I took them out this morning. I don't have them exactly dialed in yet, but not bad for 35 yards.

Photo Nov 18, 11 04 27 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer