SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Now RRA NM A2 barrel removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now RRA NM A2 barrel removal Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Now I am disassembling the RRA NM A2 upper. (even though common wisdom spoke against it) I will switch the barrel to an A4 receiver and add the new CMP NM handguard. RRA has said it will work. I am fairly gifted at figuring things out as I go.

Is that a jam nut/ring on the barrel nut that locks the NM float tube?

I think I see a trace of thread locker that will take heat to loosen. If you know any tricks to remove, let me know too.

Previous:
Just finished putting together an all Rock River parts lower. For now, the standard trigger (that I took out of another RRA and put there a 2 stage), RRA pins and parts, RRA Operator stock. I have a Geislee NM trigger for later on the shelf.

Next to switch the barrel on a from a NM A2 to a NM A4.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hamden106,

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It just gets easier with every one/five/eight you do Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The bolt catch pin is still a gamble as to whether or not I scratch the receiver.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
The bolt catch pin is still a gamble as to whether or not I scratch the receiver.

Yeah, no matter how much tape you mask the receiver with, you never seem to come away unscathed.

Also, slave pins are your friend.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I have a punch kit that starts the bolt catch pin, and another that finishes. They are flat sided and are rubber coated. Never a finish issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I have a punch kit that starts the bolt catch pin, and another that finishes. They are flat sided and are rubber coated. Never a finish issue.

What kit is that?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I just put a piece of electrical tape over/around area. Then drive it in. Never an issue.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

What kit is that?

Wheeler Engineering Delta Series AR roll pin tool kit

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
The only real problem I had was inventing a third hand to install the front takedown pin.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
The only real problem I had was inventing a third hand to install the front takedown pin.

The 1/4" clevis pin (from Home Depot) trick makes it a breeze Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/XJNaTjvQaVQ

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post