SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    B&T APC 9MM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&T APC 9MM Login/Join 
posted
I have wanted one of these for a long time and finally talked my buddy out of one (he had 3). This one came set up as you see it with the Aimpoint micro. I had read many times how accurate these guns are and this one does not disappoint. Groups at 25yds were mostly through the same hole. The Swiss build some damn fine machines.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. I had a Ghm9 and always wanted to step up to one of these. I'm very jealous. Have fun shooting it.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very recently picked up the APC9K Pro with Glock and B&T lowers and have been very impressed.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats,that is very cool. I like the three lug on the barrel. Gives it a newer/different vibe.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
She’s a beauty for sure. I love my HK SP5 and SP5k, but in my heart of hearts I actually think my APC9 is a better gun. I love them all equally in their own way, but the B&T guns really are special.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love these B&T's. Too bad they are so hard to get generally, and of course expensive. But save your pennies and get the B&T telescoping brace and the APC is as perfect as you can get in this type of firearm.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Great concept, if only their QC would be better. It's not really up to what we are used to, and they're asking a swiss quality price, so....

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting comment. I have quite a few of these apc’s and had no issues in many rounds. What problems might there be?

posted Hide Post
Can you get an aftermarket safety lever? Even though it is ambi, it's not great for a left handed person due to the lever size and bias for right handed use. Also, are the B&T mags any better now? I heard about some issues.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are aftermarket charging (for sure) and safety levers I think but I have no idea if they fix what bothers you personally as I’m a righty and all is fine. The apc mags have not given me any trouble but what is great about the gun is can run Glock or Sig so that’s mostly what I do. Fully agree the aftermarket is nothing like cz or ar9 but the gun itself is like a different category from the get go. If it has some deficiencies that matter to you then it’s not the best option. But as I said I have run a lot of rounds and compared to the zillion other things I own I like it the best.

posted Hide Post
That looks nice. Where is a good place to look for one? I've been thinking about getting one for a while but haven't seen any in my neck of the woods.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
You've got some great buddies!! The Kidd, this, the STIs; I wish my buddies had such good taste.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dakota Tactical
Tar Heel State Firearms
Cleveland Shooting Sports in Cleveland TN to name a few.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
That looks nice. Where is a good place to look for one? I've been thinking about getting one for a while but haven't seen any in my neck of the woods.

You might also try Franklins southwest of Nashville.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you mean local purchase I have no idea. I have bought all of mine from Tar Heel State firearms and europtic. Both highly recommended. THSF is extra great as they will engrave it for you.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Interesting comment. I have quite a few of these apc’s and had no issues in many rounds. What problems might there be?

buddy of mine had problems with his 9mm suppressor. Also there are a few APC-556 that have reliability issues.

The magazines of my TP9 break easy. So far the costumer service is great, they replace the broken ones no questions asked. But it's still annoying.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be interesting to know where and how you are breaking these mags?

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
The one, I accidently dropped on a concrete floor. Floorplate broke.

On others (not mine), the feed lips wore out when using a APC9-SD.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
The lowers which accept Glock magazines might be the solution to such issues.

Eric, Iraq Veteran 8888 came to this conclusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woQz2OjkNzw

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Dakota Tactical
Tar Heel State Firearms
Cleveland Shooting Sports in Cleveland TN to name a few.

Thanks for the pointer.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post