SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Galil ACE Rifle or Pistol in 5.56??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galil ACE Rifle or Pistol in 5.56?? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackwater
posted
Anyone have one in 5.56 and tell me what you think.

Appreciate any feed back.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would get a rifle and fit as many old style parts on them as possible.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the ACE in 5.56 out yet? I've only seen the ones in 7.62x39 and 7.62x51.

I have both, and I think they are just OK. They are heavy. Although they talk a lot about them being lighter, what they really mean is being slightly lighter than the original Galil that was quite heavy. The ACE is still heavier than most of my AKs. The trigger is decent and I like the left side charging handle. The thumb safety s ENS easier to operate than on my original Galil. The polymer stock is pretty chintzy, though. Another big feature they talk about is having a rail on the top cover that will return to zero. Well, maybe, but they do that by making a tab on the top rail on the receiver cover fit into a slot on the rail on top of the gas tube, which makes getting the top cover on and off a pain since it's super tight. My ACE in 7.62R is merely a bit annoying. My 7.62 NATO is an exercise in frustration. Actually sorry I got the latter. Any decent AR-10 is a better, and in many cases cheaper, option.

It's hardly worth it to try to put on parts from the original Galil. Most won't even fit, although I've heard the old stock fits with maybe some modification. If the goal is to make an old style Galil clone, better off staring with something else like one of the CA guns.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I would get a rifle and fit as many old style parts on them as possible.

If you were just going to do that why not just buy an original pre-ban Galil?

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Is the ACE in 5.56 out yet? I've only seen the ones in 7.62x39 and 7.62x51.

Yes, the 5.56 are out and available

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 5.56 my pick would be a rifle, pistol 7.62.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2GHUdgODYE

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Here is a recent vid of the pistol in 5.56

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-90gZv7Pg

Joe