SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How to sell an AOW? NOT AN AD, seeking advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to sell an AOW? NOT AN AD, seeking advice. Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
First, I can't really figure out what forum this should be in. IT IS NOT INTENDED as a classified for the thing, I'm just trying to see if there are options for getting something different for it.

Does anyone have any advice on selling an AOW that I am having, well not buyers remorse, just different wants say? Having a hard time finding a store around here that's willing to consign it or trade it. Can I go out of state to sell it? Find a bigger dealer in Class 3 stuff and have them consign it for me? Should I just give up and live with it?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The most cost effective way is to try and find someone in state to sell person to person to. But some people might be hesitant to do so because you have to hold on to the item till the item clears on a Form 4. Current times are pushing 10 months. To get it out of state your going to have to find a SOT dealer to transfer it out of state. Don't know what dealer's around you will charge for this service plus the $5 for an AOW. Luckily for you it's an AOW, anything else you would have to pay another $200...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
This is not an offer to buy...

What is it? If it's something in demand, a dealer might be the best option, if it's not highly sought after, you may have to get it listed online to get enough traffic to make it worthwhile.
Even then what is the value? That alone would be the determining factor to whether it's even worth selling in the first place.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
hard to do a consign on a NFA since you are supposed to have it transferred to the dealer for him to keep it on his premise to show,

you used to be able to take it in as a repair if needed, but I think the ATF has cracked down on that, (been a while)

subguns, or sturmgewehr are a good place to market NFA as well,

you can also list it on Gunbroker

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
IT IS NOT INTENDED as a classified...
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
This is not an offer to buy...
I'm invisible

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
My apologies Para, I was trying to figure out a way of asking what type of AOW it was without looking like I was trying to make an offer on it.

I was trying to explain that selling a Serbu will be very different than selling a collectible pen or cane gun.

Just attempting to clarify my post.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. It's just a plain Serbu. I think I'm just better off keeping it and maybe chancing into a F2F at some point in the future.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah part of the reason I consider NFA items lifetime pirchases - not because you CANT sell them, but because it's PITA to do so.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Sigh. Word. But, it's still pretty cool. Especially since WA doesn't allow SBS's (SBSs? SBSes? Sigh). But, was hoping to get into a Scorpion SBR for it. And before you say anything, when got the Serbu, SBR wasn't an option and didn't seem like an option.