SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I Finally Bought a Shotgun!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Finally Bought a Shotgun! Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
1950 commercial Winchester Model 12 with a 1945 US Property Riot Gun barrel and mag tube. 1/3 to 1/6 the cost of the real thing. Pictures don't do it justice:

Ammo & cleaning supplies on the way. As with all my firearms, gonna learn how to field strip it and give it a good clean & oil it.

Now to write my "Chack-Chack" speech. Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, what a fine looking boom stick.

Perfect amount of character. If she could only talk.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Nice! Very good find, congrats!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I think my biggest firearm regret was passing on a excellent condition commercial M12 riot not once, but twice. Run a few rounds through it for me!

Posts: 9953 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now to write my "Chack-Chack" speech.

If it doesn't include a empty tub of Vaseline. You're doing it wrong. Big Grin

Congrats on the shotty.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have 2 myself!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Nice Winchester. I’ve been looking for one myself, to go with a 1897 riot I own. I haven’t found one at a price I can live with, though.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very cool shottie and with some history behind it too! Congrats!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Finding a 'golden oldie' in good condition is happiness. Almost since I first started learning about shotguns by reading Shooting Sportsman, and Shotgum Sports I idealized a minty Model 12 in 20 ga as being both the gun guy and gentleman's shotgun. Enjoy your 12/12.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
SO classy. bravo!!!

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
What’s old is new again. Very fitting for the times Wink

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that has character!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
beautiful!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very impressive, clean shotgun. Great score.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Absolutely a awesome shotgun.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post