SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Considering purchase of Henry 410 lever shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering purchase of Henry 410 lever shotgun Login/Join 
posted
Just wanting to add to the collection. I already own a Henry Golden Boy lever in 22lr. Very happy with that gun. Any thoughts here? The reviews seem to be mixed so far. Thanks

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Henry, but my brother has the Marlin in stainless with laminate stock.

It's a beautiful and unique firearm.

And it doesn't work worth a shit. Something about the flat-nosed nature of shotgun shells in that type of layout. Just doesn't work out like you might think. I'd try to find some .410 snap caps or dummy rounds and test it if the store will allow.

My brother wishes he had.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two. Other than you can't get choke tubes in the shorter barrel I find them well built and reliable for what they are. Can't use 3" if that matters. Unloading is a PIA. Other than that what's not to love.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
Don't know about Henry, but my brother has the Marlin in stainless with laminate stock.

It's a beautiful and unique firearm.

And it doesn't work worth a shit. Something about the flat-nosed nature of shotgun shells in that type of layout. Just doesn't work out like you might think. I'd try to find some .410 snap caps or dummy rounds and test it if the store will allow.

My brother wishes he had.

These are fairly rare and desirable; even if the reliability is questionable, he could sell it for a pretty large chunk of change. Someone who knows Marlins could get it running also. A shame to just leave it parked.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15557 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
A shame to just leave it parked.

The rare and desirable part is why he's leaving it parked. Wink

And the function makes sure it doesn't get too much wear. Big Grin

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post