SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Bullpup Sniper Rifle from Germany: TTS Xceed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bullpup Sniper Rifle from Germany: TTS Xceed Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
Would love to spend some time behind the trigger on this rifle:
https://tec-target-schneider.de/en/en-2/

Thanks to its bullpup design with bolt and box magazine located behind the grip, the TTS Xceed has more compact transport dimensions compared to conventional bolt-action rifles with identical barrel length and full ballistic performance.

The Xceed has the adjustment possibilities of a match rifle: adjustable rear stock with integrated monopod and spring-loaded cheek piece.
Available calibers for the TTS Xceed currently include: 6 XC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua, .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum. On the new German sniper rifle with interchangeable caliber and barrel, the bolt with 6 lugs split into 2 rows locks directly into the barrel. The gun is based on a two-part light-alloy chassis with a lower grip and an upper, long receiver with attached handguard. Due to the well thought-out design, disassembly into the main assemblies as well as caliber conversion are quick and easy. In all offered calibers the stainless steel, fluted Lothar Walther barrels with titanium alloy flash hider are available in 2 lengths. Matched to the respective barrel length, the handguard is also available in 2 lengths.

The stock can be quickly and completely separated from the receiver. After operating a lever, the bolt can be removed. The grip can also be separated from the receiver after loosening two screws. In contrast to other multi-caliber sniper rifles, the bolt head is not changed when changing the caliber, but a complete bolt is inserted instead, supplemented by the barrel and magazine. Like the receiver, the grip is made from aluminum, but has steel inserts in the magazine well in which the sheet steel box magazine snaps into place.

The magazine has a capacity for 5 cartridges in all calibers. It is dimensionally matched to the larger .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge, so the magazines for smaller calibers/cartridges have internal spacers.

Due to the lavish development costs, selection of materials, workmanship and minimum tolerances, the TTS Xceed is also likely to be one of the most expensive sniper rifles on the market – price starts at 11,400 euros and a complete caliber change assembly, consisting of bolt, barrel and magazine, is available from 4100 euros.

Winnowing down a toothpick at 100 meters...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’ve shot a DSR-1 in .338 Lapua; this looks very similar. The stock adjustments looked pretty sweet.

I really liked the bullpup design, though the caliber was a bit much.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The co-designer of the DSR-1 is the founder of TTS and architected this new rifle, so many characteristics flowed out of the former platform. I particularly like the new spring-loaded cheek riser.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Very cool! They both seem to have a lot of integrated features. I like that.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my Deserttech SRS. Looks like a cool rig.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some interesting features, outstanding accuracy.

Rear monopods are nice for shooting from flat & stable surfaces to fixed position targets. As in bench rest shooting at a square range. I have trained with three SWAT officers -- they did not experience such conditions in the field. They made their shots from minimal or improvised support, and the bad guys moved.

I suspect dozens (maybe hundreds) might be purchased by wealthy gun enthusiasts. Maybe.

Given the rifle's high cost, I see minimal sales to agencies. Police agencies don't need the caliber switch capabilities. Maybe some specialized national agency might find the caliber switch useful.

Bullpups don't do well in steel/precision/tactical competitions, so that market won't provide any appreciable sales volume. Especially with magazines which hold only 5 rounds.

Bottom line -- few people will ever see one live.

Posts: 7866 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Desert Tech does 99% of all this Euro-gizmo-ism, for less than half the price.

You can buy an entire SRS for the price of the different barrel on this thing. I betcha it goes the way of the horrendously costy DRS-1, or was it DSR-1?

Who knows?

And apart from the permanently unhappy gentleman one sees from time to time on YT, who seems to have at least one of each of ALL the world's most expensive rifles and gives the impression of shooting them whilst sitting in a pile of cow-flop, who cares?

DT - firstest and still the goodest. IMO, of course, YMMV.

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have experience with the Desert Tech offerings?

The September American Rifleman review of the MDR indicated the 308 Winchester version was a 2-MOA rifle with the loads they tested. I would have expected better these days.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
2 MOA for "less than half of 11,400 Euros"?

Indeed, very uninspiring.

Any of my 60 y/o surplus parts-built FALs will shoot 2 MOA....

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

The September American Rifleman review of the MDR indicated the 308 Winchester version was a 2-MOA rifle with the loads they tested. I would have expected better these days.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
My 1986 Krico 650S shoots five of my reloads into half an inch at 100m all the day long.

You can see it on tac's guns - Krico 650S.

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I have an SRS and love it but its apparently one of those things you either love or hate. Compact, comfortable and a fantastic trigger. It can go to any of its other calibers with a barrel and maybe bolt change depending on the details. I've held a MDR and was favorably impressed but dont have anytime behind the trigger. Its not a precision rifle though so I'm not sure it fits into this convo except as a overview of the companies products.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:I have an SRS and love it but its apparently one of those things you either love or hate.

For the almost $7000 the SRS costs here in UK, before you put some glass or bipod on it, you can bet your life that I'd have to be 'lovin'' it to pay out that much money.

posted Hide Post
A 2 MOA "Precision" Rifle is unacceptable at ANY Price!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
My 1986 Krico 650S shoots five of my reloads into half an inch at 100m all the day long.

You can see it on tac's guns - Krico 650S.
Great looking rifle tac and a fine optic. What does it chamber?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post