SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 - another question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 - another question Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Burris and Nikon have good 22 scopes for reasonable prices.

I also have a Nikon P223 3x on a 10/22 TD that seems to be a good fit.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
I have a Nikon 3-9x40 EFR Scope on my 1996 Ruger 10/22 Target. Very nice scope for the money; I paid $187 for it 2 1/2 years ago. Mounted on Burris Signature Zee Rings.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Thanks for all the replies, which cover quite a gamut. That gives me plenty to look over more closely.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer a red dot, ultra dots are pretty popular.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x32

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I was just reading about Tech Sights in sigfreund's thread. They look very intriguing, for the type of shooting I will be doing. What says anyone about them? They are certainly not a scope, but they also appear to offer good accuracy at the ranges and purposes I am looking at.

I have a set on a take-down and I like them. I wish I would have gone with the model with 2 aperture sizes. The aperture is a bit too small for my tastes for hunting.

I have considered disassembling the rear sight and drilling out the aperture to a slightly larger size, and I probably will eventually when I am feeling brave.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll also throw the vortex diamondback rimfire in the mix, my good friend has that one and he really likes it, I believe they sell for about 180.00 and they have the vortex warranty.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My CZ455 wears a Mueller APT 4.5-14X40, which I have found to be excellent for both 22LR and 17HMR. The secret to P-dogs for me was a suppressor. We couldn't get closer than about 150-200yrds to the dog town we hunted last, which made for very difficult shooting in the South Dakota winds. But with a suppressor, we could make repeated shots on them without scaring them back down their holes unless it struck just in front of them.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10P8TRIOT:
I have a Nikon 3-9x40 EFR Scope on my 1996 Ruger 10/22 Target. Very nice scope for the money; I paid $187 for it 2 1/2 years ago. Mounted on Burris Signature Zee Rings.

Those look damn good for the money, and versatile!

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've bought brands that were "inexpensive" but had a lifetime warranty and I still regretted it. Now I stick with Leupold ... If I want something cheap, like for a 10-22 I buy a Leupold Rifleman, I've picked them up at Walmart for as little as $145 and so far I've not been disappointed.

Buy once, cry once.

On the other hand I still have a couple BSA's that haven't let me down in 20 years, but I've heard their new products aren't made as well as the old stuff either.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

I agree. In my opinion it's very hard to beat a leupold rimfire scope for anworking 22 rifle.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
After reading some threads I recently got a Simmons 22 Mag scope with AO adjustment from Midway for ~$69 including rings. Using factory mount. Lifetime warranty and hand adjustable turrets.
Taken it out once and zeroed it easy.
I like that it was available in silver color. Will likely change the rings and mount later to something more robust and picatinney compatible. I see Midwest has VQ and EGW picatinney mounts in silver.

HK Ag

Posts: 3500 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I set my dad up with a Weaver Classic rimfire 2.5-7x for his 10/22 and it's a great scope for the money and for the 10/22.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10P8TRIOT:

10P8TRIoT, whose mount is that on your Target? Mid or low height rings?

Thanks

HK Ag

Posts: 3500 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
The secret to P-dogs for me was a suppressor.

We don't have P-dogs here in the desert (northern AZ does, I think). My little pests are round tailed ground squirrels. They behave just like prairie dogs, but are tiny by comparison. They dig "towns" that you can step on and fall into, and their favorite food is the mesquite seed pod. Thankfully, they don't bother vehicle wiring, but they can be dangerous to us older folks walking our property, because you never know when you'll drop 12" or so and twist/sprain your ankle. Getting close to them is no problem. I can get within 50 yards easily, often much closer.

Scope on order is a Leupold rimfire 4x28.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
.org/wiki/Round-tailed_ground_squirrel]round tailed
Scope on order is a Leupold rimfire 4x28.

I had a 4x28 leupold on a fully custom vq gun last year. It was pretty good. Though out past 50 yds, i really liked having a biy more magnification. 50 yds or less i dont think you couls find a better option.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
We've got a Vortex Spitfire red dot mounted on my daughter's 10/22 that is just all kinds of fun. Hers does not have any magnification, but they are available in a 3x model. On my 77/22 I've got a Sightron 2-7X Rimfire that I've been more than happy with.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post