SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Joined the 45-70 movement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the 45-70 movement Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve got mine out on it’s annual deer hunting week. If it’s really well behaved it’ll get to go bear hunting this fall.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 4448 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've got a JM G model. Bought it new in 2000 probably. I haven't shot it in nearly a decade. Once life slows down, I look forward to re-learning that gun. It certainly is beautiful. I'd love to go bear hunting with it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 10110 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend had a Browning 1886 years ago that he let me heft, but not shoot. A fantastic rifle.

I'm sure he sold it after his heart surgery, but he didn't tell me and I didn't pry, knowing how much he loved that gun.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 8327 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have two JM Marlins. One has a Marble's peep, and the other just a William's peep. When i shoot them, I start singing "somewhere over the rainbow", because that's where the bullet will land, given the trajectory. I do like to roll big hogs with the 325 gr Hornady at about 2000 fps, but only inside 200 yards, mostly inside 100.

Posts: 6878 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is some carbine. Very nice. There is just something sexy about the lever action carbine. Congrats

Posts: 4361 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a Sharps for cheap. Holds one round of 45-70.

Bought a revolver later. It holds twelve rounds of 45-70.

If a lever gun was able to present itself someday...

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3478 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post