SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Considering a 1-4x LPV scope for my AR - what do you suggest?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering a 1-4x LPV scope for my AR - what do you suggest? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Fritz, I got a response back from Marchoptics.com about the reticle.

They'll look into it.

I help them remember and look into it.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning, Dave.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me explain about the message above.

First off, Chris17404, please accept my apologies for "hijacking" your thread. I hope you're not too angry at me for doing that.

Second, I sent an email to March Optics a few days ago asking them to see if they could expand the hashed reticle to 20MOA (8mil) as a result of this thread. I got a message back yesterday, asking for the thread so they could view the context and so on. I replied late last night and then this morning, I posted the above greeting so as to freak out the engineer who was probably going to read the thread.

It was meant to be in the voice of HAL 9000. It's a little joke we shared at SHOT.

At any rate, it worked because I got a text message from the exact engineer to whom the post was targeted. :-)

He was also appreciative of fritz's comments and understanding the context. I have no clue if it will pan it, but this was about the best that we can do here. I'll certainly update if there are developments.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks, Dave.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
I got a message back yesterday, asking for the thread so they could view the context and so on.

I think it’s remarkable that a representative like that from a company like that would take the interest shown. I would expect most to just say, “Yeah, yeah, we’ll think about it if enough people ask for it.”

I really don’t need any scopesights that are better quality than the ones I have, but if I did, I’d definitely be looking at the March line.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
I got a message back yesterday, asking for the thread so they could view the context and so on.

I think it’s remarkable that a representative like that from a company like that would take the interest shown. I would expect most to just say, “Yeah, yeah, we’ll think about it if enough people ask for it.”

I really don’t need any scopesights that are better quality than the ones I have, but if I did, I’d definitely be looking at the March line.

Yeah, March Optics USA is a small company that imports the scopes directly from Japan. The man who owns the US company is a friend of mine and a fierce F-Open competitor. He has quite a collection of medals on his own and he was captain of the US F-Open rifle tea for many years. We meet at various matches a couple times a year and we correspond via email. He was in Ottawa for the Worlds also. At that time, I also met the guy from March Optics UK, the company there imports the scopes for Europe. He is also a fierce competitor and we spent some time talking scopes and shooting between relays in Ottawa. He stopped by at SHOT also.

The March gang are all shooters and competitors and since it's still a rather small exclusive world, we sort of know each other and respect each other as competitors. I don't work for March and I buy my own scopes, but I know quite a bit about the scopes and how to use them in competition.

By the way, March is announcing a new scope on March 9; it's called the Genesis. This scope may very well be a game changer. I'll start a thread here when it's released. I'm quite excited and can't wait to find out the specs.

posted Hide Post
Steiner p4xi, no contest. Having used a couple friends’ trijicon 1-4 I think it’s a good optic with decent glass and a decent reticle. Illumination is pretty poor. Also played with the Vortex 1-4 offerings and was less than impressed. The Steiner reticle is great. I had the now discontinued military 1-4 on a lmt mws and could use the reticle holds to easily hit 8” steel plates at 200, 300, 400, and 550 yds. Steiner has great illumination. And their glass is excellent.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2321 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post