SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    colt 6920 prices wow! were have I been?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

colt 6920 prices wow! were have I been? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Because it's a known quantity - and while ARs aren't 'hard' to put together, there are still a large majority that manage to fuck them up.

How much of a premium? Really, I haven't looked in a long time. AR prices go up across the board when the panic hits the gun store sure, but before Colt stopped/limited production and it was quiet, was there really that much difference?

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek: Once I started building my own AR's they became a commodity tool in my mind. Hammers basically. I just don't think about 'Holding value,' for better or worse. They're totally de-mystified.
Thats fine, but it's a fact that a Colt LE6920 or other variant will command a much higher premium, especially during a craze, than a LGKEK-AR15.

Because it's a known quantity - and while ARs aren't 'hard' to put together, there are still a large majority that manage to fuck them up.

Plus Colt’s announcement they would no longer offer AR15s to the public awhile back didn’t help...especially while the market is flooded.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends, is it a 'friend' or 'coworker'..?
Def a coworker.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
If you are in the market for a Colt 6920, GT Dist has them as of this post.

ETA - Magpul Edition for $999

Colt

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I hope you find one for the Marine.Semper Fi.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

Colt

Anybody actually order and receive a gun from GT distributors?

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stinx:
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

Colt

Anybody actually order and receive a gun from GT distributors?

Yes, back in April I ordered the same rifle I linked above.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought got a 6920 and a 6720 this week. Not sure why.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post