SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX version g1 or g2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX version g1 or g2 Login/Join 
posted
It has been a few years. This will also sound stupid. I have no fricken clue which mpx version i have. Gen 1 or 2.

I have a full length carbine with the tuning fork muzzle brake. 3-4 inches long or so...
it shipped with black followers for mags.

Truth be told, other than the firing pin braking it has been bullet proof. I never thought to inquire which version i have.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
99.9 percent it is Gen 1.

Gen 2 mags have a tan follower. I have both generations of mags in a Gen 1 16 inch gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the 16” MPX carbine with the long keymod handguard and elongated permanently pinned flash hider? If so, I thought those were all gen 2 and the original gen 1s were all short barrel pistols and had the handguard with mounting holes for screw on picatinny rail sections.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If it has the keymod handguard, it's a gen2.

I don't believe there were any Gen 1 carbines.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Mine has keymod rail, the pinned tuning fork and magazines with black followers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The black/tan followers just relate to whether the mags are Gen 1 or Gen 2, not the guns. I think my 16” carbine came with tan follower mags, but supposedly the Gen 2 guns work with either generation magazines.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
The black/tan followers just relate to whether the mags are Gen 1 or Gen 2, not the guns. I think my 16” carbine came with tan follower mags, but supposedly the Gen 2 guns work with either generation magazines.

Although I haven't shot it in a coon's age, my Gen 2 gun shoots fine with the Gen 1 mags I got on closeout direct from SIG.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post