SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    first match with SCAR-17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

first match with SCAR-17 Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Shot my first multigun match with my new-to-me SCAR-17 today. It's as I received it with the exception of a Knight's VFG. I wanted to shoot it iron sights and without a rail extension first to see how it does. Works fine! Expect slow movement and slow loading, but if you want to see some footage here you go.

https://youtu.be/T34tJS4dz3g

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I see you acquired the superior and more accurate FDE version. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Indeed sir. It's the multicolor FDE camo from the factory. LOL

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
You run that pump shotgun fast.

Nice shooting.

SCAR looks like it shoots soft.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The great thing here is that you're competing. Getting out of your comfort zone. Getting away from sandbags on a concrete bench at a square range. We all don't shoot, scoot, and reload like John Wick. But we can a least try.

One video of competition is worth more than 10,000 posts from a keyboard commando.

Nice.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!

You shoot the long guns left handed but the pistol right handed. I don't think I've seen that before. Big Grin

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Nice shooting!

You shoot the long guns left handed but the pistol right handed. I don't think I've seen that before. Big Grin

Right handed but left eye dominant. Incidentally, Like Larry Vickers and Hickok45. But Hickok has learned to shoot long guns from his right shoulder and Larry can run either side. I can shoot from my right shoulder okay but my right eye is jacked up. So I don't often.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Nice shooting!

Right handed but left eye dominant. Incidentally, Like Larry Vickers and Hickok45. But Hickok has learned to shoot long guns from his right shoulder and Larry can run either side. I can shoot from my right shoulder okay but my right eye is jacked up. So I don't often.

I shoot the same way. Rifles lefty and handguns righty.

Good job on the Texas star. looks like the farm?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
quote:
Nice shooting!

Same here.

Left eye dominant. Makes transitions easier.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
quote:
Nice shooting!

yes. Check udpl.net for schedule and check practiscore and search UDPL for upcoming matches. Usually one handgun/IDPA match monthly and about 4 Multigun matches a year.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Nice job on that Texas star! I’ve never shot one of them...I doubt I’d get a hit past the first plate.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Yeah, they can be a beeyatch.
Here's a DOUBLE texas star... fast forward to 3:54

https://youtu.be/JRJEUSlWJB8?t=234

Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that was awesome!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks!