SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who makes a 9mm AR?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a 9mm AR? Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory with Glock Magazines:

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I used an Angstadt Arms upper lower and BCG and built my own.

I think the Angstadt Arms are quality from what I have seen.

After that I'd probably go with New frontier armory, Circle 10, or PSA.

I've done a few builds, as have some close buddies, and the Angstadt & Quarter Circle 10 products have really been the best (IMO).

I had sold off the others and did a final build that I kept for myself. The Angstadt is as follows:

Angstadt upper, lower, and BCG.
14.5" M4 profile P&W with an EGW comp to 16".
Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer and AR10 spring.
Geissele SSA trigger.
Primary Arms dot & LaRue mount.
YHM freefloat forend.

Uses Glock mags, and the bolt hold-open works 100% (a problem with some brands).

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on 9mm AR vs Scorpion EVO 9mm? I'm pretty close to buying the latter, just wondering if there are advantages to the AR instead.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Uh. colt.

It may may be a dumb question to many, but I'm a pistol guy, and honestly don't know squat about ARs. I knew the forum would be able to point me in a good direction.

Colt has literally been making 9mm AR's for over 30 years. I have an older Colt 6450 that is easily my favorite, most shot AR. I'd buy another colt in a heartbeat. That being said, I am currently looking at PSA flat top uppers for it so that I have a pcc Division worthy carbine with a way to mount a dot.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the QC10 route a few years ago when I started building mine as I didn't want to mess with an insert. I've been more than pleased with the quality and the final product.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Thoughts on 9mm AR vs Scorpion EVO 9mm? I'm pretty close to buying the latter, just wondering if there are advantages to the AR instead.

I would think that the after market support of AR's would be a huge advantage for AR's.. triggers, rails, stocks, etc... arguably better ergos on an AR.

That being said, the Scorpion EVO is one sexy beast.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I have a Stag 9mm ar.
Runs great.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The huge advantage of an AR is that its an AR. The aftermarket is beyond the scope of anything else in the industry by orders of magnitude. In addition the upper/lower situation makes changing upper type, handguard, upper design, barrel length, caliber etc. completely possible. None of that is true for the Scorpion. There is at this point a decent aftermarket for the CZ in many areas and fixes to some of the issues that bug people (for the record I have two CZ's and nothing from the factory 'bugs' me enough to change it except for sling mounting).
As a pistol caliber carbine the CZ is completely competent, inexpensive and fun, but you need to make sure its what you want/need out of the box as certain kinds of changes are a pia.
More details if you have specific questions.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CMMG. It is a dedicated lower (no mag well adapter). I use uzi mags that I modified.

Posts: 19 | Registered: April 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post