SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who makes a 9mm AR?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a 9mm AR? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have a Beretta 9mm Storm and enjoy that. I am looking for an AR in 9mm to go along with it. Who makes a decent one at a decent price? Not looking to drop a ton of money on this, just a decent one for range fun, not a race gun

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
CZ Scorpion comes to mind, not a true "AR" but its 9mm and affordable compared to the MPX.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
buy the ticket,
take the ride
Picture of Blaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have a Beretta 9mm Storm and enjoy that. I am looking for an AR in 9mm to go along with it. Who makes a decent one at a decent price? Not looking to drop a ton of money on this, just a decent one for range fun, not a race gun

Colt Mags or Glock Mags?

For Colt style I like CMMG or build your own.

For Glock style, ATI makes one that I have seen some solid reviews on or build your own.

Posts: 1559 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: November 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dig MPX? I have one that I SBR'd. It's really nice except the crappy trigger.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
New Frontier Armory.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I purchased a completed PSA dedicated 9mm lower and built the upper. Since there is no gas system on a 9mm and since I went with a slick sided upper (no door or forward assist) the upper was REALLY easy to put together.

Chris

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blaker:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Colt Mags or Glock Mags?

For Colt style I like CMMG or build your own.

For Glock style, ATI makes one that I have seen some solid reviews on or build your own.

I have a CMMG, I also use a Hahn magazine block in a standard AR. Both work very well.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with my RRA LAR-9.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a new 9mm rifle from Freedom Ordnance that uses Glock mags.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...glock-mag-compatible

Posts: 12 | Registered: December 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have an ATI 9mm carbine. GLOCK mags. First two mags were fraught with malfunctions. I cleaned it, lubed it, and it hasn't hiccuped since.
Reasonably accurate for plinking steel.
It does not have last round hold open.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
https://www.quartercircle10.com/

I have one of their lowers (Actually its a DDLES, but this company owns the patent now).

I think it is outstanding if you want an exact AR pattern 9mm carbine

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh. colt.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Spikes started making 9mm glock lowers as well.

LINK

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I used an Angstadt Arms upper lower and BCG and built my own.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I used an Angstadt Arms upper lower and BCG and built my own.

I think the Angstadt Arms are quality from what I have seen.

After that I'd probably go with New frontier armory, Circle 10, or PSA.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Uh. colt.

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing.

I have a 6450 and love it. The 6451 gives you a flat top upper.

Lone Wolf makes one that takes Glock mags.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Satisfied CMMG owner here.....

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have a CMMG. It is reliable and very accurate. I definitely recommend it.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not inexpensive, but I have a Wilson Combat AR9 that takes Glock mags that shoots great .

Posts: 145 | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Uh. colt.

It may may be a dumb question to many, but I'm a pistol guy, and honestly don't know squat about ARs. I knew the forum would be able to point me in a good direction.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post