SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Which Long Gun Would You Probably Like But Never Own???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Long Gun Would You Probably Like But Never Own??? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
Stolen from similar title in the handgun forum ...

Long gun meaning carbine, rifle or shotgun.

I think there are many I would like to have but probably never will ... the least likely is a fully functional Mini-Gun ... probably not an M60 either. Mostly because of the cost.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Barrett .50 cal.
My cousin has one and it was a hoot but I could never justify owning one.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Marlin 1895 guide gun.

I shot one, and liked it....45-70 government, so cool! However, I am so used to semi-auto rifles that after each shot, I kept aiming and pulled the trigger on the spent casing. I don't think I'm cut out for lever-action. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Winchester Model 70 in 375 H&H.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Surgeon RACS Limited (SRL)

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M1 carbine.

I've got the $$ but don't need (I know!) one. Plus I swore I would not add any more calibers.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Barrett .50 cal.
My cousin has one and it was a hoot but I could never justify owning one.

^^^

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Mentioned in the like handgun thread...

A reach-out-and-touch-someone rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. But I already have my ROATS rifle in .308 Win, and it's a tack-driver, so can't justify the expense--even though I'm led to understand the 6.5 Creedmoor is alleged to be a better performer.

A tactical shotgun. Don't need it, but I'd like to have one.

An M1 carbine. Saw one in truly nice condition at one of my local LGS' a few weeks ago, when I was shopping for my 10mm pistol. Guy'd brought it in for evaluation. It really called to me. I almost asked the store owner if he'd mind if I went and talked to the guy about it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Walther WA2000

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Something chambered for 338 Lapua, especially a Sako TRG-42 to go with my -22s. I wouldn’t have a place to shoot it that would do justice to the cartridge, though, and if I couldn’t manage the 300 Win Mag Tikka I had, I’m sure I’d do no better with a 338.

Must keep reminding myself of all that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's only one - I will find a way to get a Dakota Model 10 and a good Sharps from one of those two places in Montana. The "one" in question? Feast your eyes on the mighty mite, the one and only East German SSG-82.

http://en.wikipedia.org/SSG_82

Would absolutely love one (especially now that Hornady actually sells brass 5.45x39 cases!), can't see being rich enough to spend $2,500+ on one.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
338 Enabelr. Berger 300 Hybrid @ 3200 would reach out there.

https://appliedballisticsllc.c...-enabelr-cartridges/

While I would enjoy the challenge of shooting a rifle like this, it would be a handful! Just not practical and $$$$$ to shoot.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
AI ASR

Accuracy International ASR with 308/300NM/338NM

No chance I'll have an opportunity to push something like that past 600M. (Or have the finances to outfit one, let alone feed it)

Absolutely drool worthy kit.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A MA DEUCE mounted in the bed of my truck. Cool

Seriously a 50 CAL Barrett or similar (like 338 Lapua).
At 5 bucks a shot I just can't do it.
Would love to have one though.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Accuracy International AX in .338 Lapua with 27 inch barrel. No place in Southern California to shoot it, really, but boy is it dead sexy!

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Russian SVD Dragunov

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SBR’d SCAR 17

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Hard for me to narrow down to just one, but for me it's the mostly unobtanium stuff.

Sig 751
G28
Sake M95

Honorable mention for the AI rifles mentioned above. Sweet mama.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

I really like your signature line!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
1941 Johnson. I've always wanted one but could never allow myself to spend what they cost.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post