SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Which Long Gun Would You Probably Like But Never Own???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Long Gun Would You Probably Like But Never Own??? Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'll have to go with the M1 Garand.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
FAL or SMLE

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benelli M4 - just can't justify 2K for a tactical shotgun.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Winchester Model 70 in 22 Hornet.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long Gun, Sharps 1874 in 45-70 with a 24 inch octagonal barrel. In part because Cristian Sharps was a first cousin of one of my ancestors and because I think they are way cool. It's also the action that John Browning basically copied for the Winchester High Wall.

Shotgun, Beretta SO6 Sporting. Cost is north of 24K but it's a beautiful hand made O/U that also shoots superbly according to reviews.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Might as well go all in. https://www.thefield.co.uk/sho...lian-gunmakers-26748

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holland & Holland double rifle.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue has a nice list, I also agree re those posting the FAL, I'm curious about it and have handled a few but just can't get over the hump re buying one.

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I've always lusted for an FNC since I was a kid.
Same. Has that "1970s/1980s Cold War utilitarian" vibe.

I was in gradeschool when a gun rag did a feature on the FNC and that hooked me forever. Especially the 'para' version. My SCARs get me the FN Para feel, but still I long for an FNC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillF:
Holland & Holland double rifle.

I had the actual H&H Double Robert Redford carried in the Movie “Out of Africa” in my own hands once. It was a 470 Nitro Express IIRC. H&H double rifles are graceful, powerful works of skill and art beyond practical use. It was a thrill just holding it!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
The Barrett .50. Because shooting it is like hanging out at a strip club. You are just slinging lots of money for a very short lived thrill.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I Passed by many FNC's in my early days. If I had known the availability of Auto Sears, I would have jumped on one in the 90's.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really want an original M1918 A2 BAR in mint shootable condition. Full auto capable and all.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 1886 winchester 45/70, 24 in hex barrel case hardened from Chiappa recently. It is a beautiful example of John Browning genius. It is blast to shoot, usually a full magazine is all I need for fullfillment.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think a Barrett 50 with a BORS

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The long gun I would LOVE but never own is the very Benelli Super 90 that hickok45 was firing slugs through when he made the '230 yards with slugs' video. Autographed by him of course. Cool guy, cool gun, cool video.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Swedish AG42b. They were $600 back in the early 90's, and have only gone up from there. A real Army M1903A4 is also something I'll probably never see, never mind afford.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sub m.o.a. scoped, bolt action rifle with pretty wood embellishment. For dispatching 2 liter bottles at 250 yards.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
1861 Springfield...
I’ll need 50 pounds of powder and lead and a mold for minie’ balls

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post