SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Good scope base suggestion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good scope base suggestion? Login/Join 
posted
Normally use Badger Ordinance bases but boy did they get pricey.
I have a short 700 LTR in 223 so I guess I don't need that heavy duty a base.

Anyone suggest anything else? Warne?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I got the bases for my Tikka here.

https://gnarlygorilla.com/hunting/scope-mounts/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’ve got two 700’s one in 223 and one in 243. I put DeadNutz Game Reapers on both of them. They are a single piece of aluminum.

I just looked up one with a 30mm tube and are low and black and it’s $83...

Seems a little high to me, I bought mine several years ago and they were $30...I’ve seen them around in stores when I lived in NC, and they are made there so they were probably getting more popular and I guess it’s driving the prices up.

https://www.dnzproducts.com/pr...-reaper-remington-3/

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Talley's are good.
Leupold on a 700 are hard to beat.

Even a Weaver base and rings are a good combo on the cheap.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with EGW and their HD Aluminum 20 MOA rail. Retails in the low 60s. Also available in a softer aluminum, for less.

(They also have steel version, which I'd prefer for heavy calibers.)

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always had good luck with just an aluminum Weaver base. I've used the all steel grand slam version before, but never actually had any problems with the aluminum versions though.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I also really like the DNZ Game Reapers. I also have Leupolds and Weavers but love the true one piece design of DNZ.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've been pleased with a Warne Tactical 12L14 steel #M668M20MOA Picatinny rail matte scope mount on my Savage 10FP 308.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Warne.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I've never been disappointed with Leupold rings and bases. They're not cheap nor expensive but if mounted properly they never need readjusting.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post