SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tasco 42mm proppoint red dot ok to use on a pellet rifle (spring loaded)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tasco 42mm proppoint red dot ok to use on a pellet rifle (spring loaded)? Login/Join 
posted
I can't find anything on Tasco's website other than it will work on a shotgun with 3" shells or handguns up to .357, Will it hold up on a Crossman 1200FPS .177 spring loaded air rifle?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna say that if it will hold up to those 2 big calibers... it's going to hold up just fine on a BB gun.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
While I don't know if the Tasco ProPoint is good to go with spring air rifles, I strongly disagree with CandyMan.45. The recoil impulse from a air rifle is completely different from a centerfire rifle or even a shotgun. Scopes good to go on those have been known to routinely be destroyed by air guns. Accordingly scopes certified for use with air rifles are designed to handle their recoil impulses.

And as an aside I have a Tasco ProPoint Plus PDP-5 47mm on my Ruger M678 MkII that has been performing excellently for years and years. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
A springer will eat a shotgun scope real quick.
Nature of the beast is a wham front and back in a millisecond.
I will expect the same for your red dot.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe check some offerings at pyramid air? They will have pellet gun approved scopes.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post