SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg 590A1 "Retrograde"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg 590A1 "Retrograde" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw one in a shop today.

My 590's and 590A1's came with heat shields. I removed them. The spot welds aren't too sturdy, and I've had them fail while shooting. I had one fly up and hit me in the face after failing.

$902 for a 590A1 just because it's got wood? It looks nice, but not nine hundred dollars nice.

The 590A1 is robust, but it's considerably heavier than a 500, especially if it's being humped around.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Cool looking but for the cost? Not that cool. I have a 590A1 with SpeedFeed stock, three dot sights and a S&J extension. Works great for me.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've been putting off getting a 590A1 and this thread finally pushed me over the edge.

I'm now $500 poorer, thanks a lot Mad

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I've been putting off getting a 590A1 and this thread finally pushed me over the edge.

Post pics, but not until you spend at least another hundred in accessories.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You got a 590 retro? For $500????

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have the wood for a basic bead sight 7-shot.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
quote:

You got a 590 retro? For $500????

Naw, just the normal 590A1, don’t care for the wood on the retro model...

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post