SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rifle to keep in RV.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle to keep in RV. Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Been out glamping in the rv and haven’t been able to respond. Would like to use the rifle for defense and hunting. Would like something with a little more umphh than a 223/5.56. Hadn’t thought about an AR-10. Thought a bolt action would be more reliable and accurate.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An AR-10 would be plenty reliable and accurate.
Also an m1a scout would be pretty handy, but I’d go AR-10 over that.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these POF Revolutions would be nice, and is not as large as an AR-10.
https://pof-usa.com/firearms/revolution/

However it is probably more than you need. A lever action would work very well. Any criminal being shot at with a hunting caliber will likely flee. However a semi-auto would be better defense against multiple perps.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Piggy backing on my legal everywhere comment a shuffs mini g in 308 would be about perfect. 8 rounds of 308 quick and easy to load accurate and reliable

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
There has been no cheaper time that I can recall to get into an AR-10 platform rifle.

Under $600 from Palmetto. I just ordered a "build the wall" complete AR-10 lower this weekend for $159!!!!

Go AR-10.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post