SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester Model 94 Saddle Ring Carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 94 Saddle Ring Carbine Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I'm not a lever guy by any means but this old guy showed up on one of the local auctions. I think it would look great as a wall hanger just as it is with all the nicks and scratches and patina. Is there any real value to this gun other than that?

Bidding sits at $320 now.

Link to auction

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A pre-64 Winnie, even with the wear, is fairly desirable. I'm surprised the bid is so low, especially with a $120 Marbles tang peep already mounted. I suspect it will go up a good bit before the end.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tang Sight is not seen that often on an SRC. if its a shooter, I would guess it will go to $1500+ pretty easily. And the front sight bears closer inspection, too.
On the same site is another full size 94 (not pre 64, evidently) that was set up for a side mount scope. If I was looking for a beater 94, I might jump on that one, especially since the bids on it are very low.
By comparison, in 2010 I bought a 1906 made 94 standard sporting rifle in .32 WS with Tang Sight and ivory bead front sight in a little better condition that the SRC on the auction for $1150. Which I thought was a pretty decent deal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Last pre-64 Winchester 94 I saw in the LGS had $1000 on the tag. It was in slightly better shape than that one, but they do demand a premium. I'm more of a Marlin guy, but I'd be all over that for $320.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Bought mine for $45, but that was awhile ago. It doesn't have a tang site or saddle ring, but does have a peep blade on the rear sight. My son has dibs so it's not for sale but it does shoot.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
SRC on the auction for $1150. Which I thought was a pretty decent deal.

Quit, you're making me feel good! A few years ago at a flea market I bought one for $900. I did have trouble finding ammo, until at a gun show a guy had a couple of boxes for way too much. (Kenny Woods brother). So like a fool I bought them and the next show a guy had boxes for $30 each. So I bought them too.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post