SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Drug out my M14 in Blackfeather chassis with Magpul SGA stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drug out my M14 in Blackfeather chassis with Magpul SGA stock Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I've had this one built for at least two years but never fired at anything but clays or soda cans with a Burris FastFire red dot sight.

I recently installed a Sadlak Airborne mount and a Magpul SGA stock with a cheek riser. The cheek riser isn't perfect, but workable.

The barrel is a Bula Defense 19.25" medium weight barrel. I've never done accuracy tests on this barrel, so this was a quick trial to see what it likes. It looks like it really likes light 168's and I pulled off a 1/2 inch group at 100 with a light load of IMR-4064.

Factory gold medal 168's was in the 1.5" range with 175's opening up into the 2.5" range.

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't post much, but do you have a picture of this beast?

Thanks

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
+1 to that. ^^^

I'm looking at alternatives to JAE, since they are gone. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I guess you guys can't see the other picture in post number 1?

How about this...

Tony.

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see all of the pics. Neat gun. Interesting use of the Magpul stock.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The Blackfeather is a pretty modular stock and a lot less bulkier than the SAGE. I like that it keeps the original contour of the wood stock from the receiver heel forward.

The shotgun stock is good for those in ban-states.

Here's the same chassis from many years ago with a standard M1A in it and a Magpul PRS stock. The PRS adds a considerable amount of weight.

Tony.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I can see it now. That is sharp!

What are your thoughts on it vs a McMillan? I saw you have an overview of that chassis on YouTube; I’ll have to check that out.

EDIT: Just did. It seems like it’s for a different purpose of M14 than what I’m looking for. It’s focused on light weight and won’t fit my heavy barrel. Still sharp.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice - thanks for posting!

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
If you want a chassis for your heavy barrel, SAGE makes a heavy barreled version.

Tony.