SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Have you shot your shotgun(s) recently?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you shot your shotgun(s) recently? Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I recently shot my Mossberg Maverick 18.5" 12 gauge and was quickly reminded that I had torn my right bicep at the end of July. Two rounds was all I wanted.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I shot a bunch of shotgun recently Smile.

Skip to about 1:00 for the shotgun only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhSbdtlAMZU

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
nice work! what loads are you using in your 1301 Comp?

I just put the Aridus kit on mine.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
nice work! what loads are you using in your 1301 Comp?

I just put the Aridus kit on mine.

It's hard to tell from the short glimpse in the video, but I'm shooting a Benelli M2.

It eats everything 1100 FPS or faster but I really like the Fiocchi shooting dynamics 1200 FPS 7.5 ammo for general purposes. ALways has a very clean crimp and I bought a bunch of them for a great price. Winchester AAs are always excellent as well. I was still using up some 1600 FPS Winchester SuperX slugs but when I run out of those I will be buying the Fiocchi reduced recoil slugs.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I haven't fired my Benelli M4 since earlier last year when I was more active in the local 3-Gun events.

The DNR range still hasn't implemented their expansion plan which includes a separate shotgun range, ( currently, they'll only allow shotgun shooters to fire three rounds into the side of the left berm, and that's it. There's an indoor range in town that allows shotgun use, but only with slugs.

The Benelli is far down the list of HD guns I'd grab in an emergency.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
More shotgunning after a little rifle:

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My favorite tool in the box. Regularly shoot my HD Benelli M4 and my Vepr12. I just got a drum for the Vepr and I still marvel at this firearm. It’s a tank. The M4 remains my HD long gun. Mine is heavy with 21 reds of 00 onboard but not an issue with a sling.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
My favorite tool in the box.

Big Grin

Today I had to cut some ports in some plywood walls, building a stage for a large USPSA match. Used the 12ga to make the initial holes, a place to start the sawzall blade in. Smile

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
shot two of mine in SASS yesterday, a 1897, and a Baikal coach gun.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
We throw clays in the backyard, so I shoot my Benelli a lot. Nothing like dusting clays at close range with an XXXX-full choke!

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Opening day here last Saturday.

Broke in two new shotguns....

My son was brilliant with his new Weatherby SA-08 20 Gauge compact and I really enjoyed shooting my new Remington V3.

The V3 is the softest shooting 12 I have ever tried ... bar none!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
About 500 Rounds this summer through my Benelli Nova--shooting trap with my work team. This week I get to take the Boy Scouts out to bust clays. I'm really liking it. I should probably clean that gun sometime.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
yes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The classic A5. Still the best auto-loader ever made. As to the original question? Yes, my Remington VMT.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
yes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The classic A5. Still the best auto-loader ever made. As to the original question? Yes, my Remington VMT.

Sweet Sixteen no less !

I’ll never own a 16 but I’m glad to see them be re-released. It’s a wonderful gauge in a wonderful shotgun.

Is the A5 the best ever made? I don’t think so but it truly is a classic.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I have a 1965 Light Twenty choked Skeet that is the real cherry in my safe. That's a 67 Sweet and I have a Light Twelve from the same year. I shoot the 12 and 16 and I have shot the 20 but it doesn't get any abuse. I bought the 16 to shoot and I'll never be without one.

Best autoloader ever made? I don't know, but it is my favorite. Are your grandsons going to be shooting Papa's ol' 90 year old SBE2 in the duck blind in 2075?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon, Grouse season is almost here. I have an EEA Baikal double barrel 20 ga youth model, under 36" long with three inch chambers.... perfect bush gun....

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Ran my 870 a few days ago. Before that I honestly had not run my shotguns for a couple of years.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot my Browning Miller’s edition 425 a least once a week at sporting clays.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Sure have....last Friday. Popped off a few 12 and 20 Gauge at my range. Love shooting watermelons Big Grin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post