SIGforum
Panzer Arms M4 clone, Anyone have one?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3320057874

January 17, 2021, 01:10 PM
Klusk2
Panzer Arms M4 clone, Anyone have one?
I've been looking at this Benelli M4 clone for a bit and was hoping to see more reviews on it but have haven't seen any. Anyone know of anyone with this shotgun? Do they like it and is it worth it? I'd love to save some $$ and get this, but I may just get a Benelli M2 or M4 anyways. Here is the link: https://www.classicfirearms.co...nertia-driven-black/

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."
January 17, 2021, 02:37 PM
lastmanstanding
I was just looking at that the other day and nearly pulled the trigger on it. The U Tube review looks good but that is from the guy at Classic Firearms. Although I have read good reviews of it on other forums. At the price point it is probably worth a go but I just haven't hit the add to cart button yet.

I didn't know about the ghost loading trick until I watched the video. Nice to know.

Eta: From what I read all the parts between the Benelli M4 and this one are interchangeable.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
January 17, 2021, 09:46 PM
Wreckless
You need to check the reviews on the Canadian imported version. It goes by a different name up north. I have one being shipped that I should pick up next weekend. For the price it looks like a no brainer. The only negatives I’ve heard are weak finish and sometimes sloppy manufacture. Go over it for loose fitting parts before shooting.

La Dolce Vita
January 18, 2021, 10:57 PM
smpsmp
No opinion on this, but since I saw the comment about ghost loading, I know you have to slightly modify the m2's bolt carrier if you want to ghost load (not sure about the m4s). The other option is to use a m1 carrier in the m2. It's simple to modify though, you either fill in or grind away the one notch on the bottom of the carrier (m1 doesn't have the second notch).
January 19, 2021, 08:14 PM
smithbc
I just ordered one today. Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks. Now I just have to find some ammo for it.
January 20, 2021, 05:14 AM
lastmanstanding
quote:
Originally posted by smithbc:
I just ordered one today. Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks. Now I just have to find some ammo for it.

Nice! Make sure to give us a review on the fit and finish. Most 12ga ammo is readily available around here. Mostly target and bird loads the sd stuff is hard to find. But in today's world everything becomes a sd load.

January 20, 2021, 02:24 PM
Klusk2
quote:
Originally posted by smithbc:

I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say about this. I'd love to see some pictures if possible as well. I'd trust an honest review from SF members first before some paid youtuber Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."
February 02, 2021, 04:40 PM
smithbc
I just talked to the customer service rep. Mine should ship early next week. I can't wait until it gets here.
February 04, 2021, 08:52 AM
Klusk2
Looking forward to hearing your opinions about it.

The Working Police.....
February 08, 2021, 04:04 PM
smithbc
I picked it up from my FFL last night, and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I am going to try and get out go shoot tomorrow after work. The only shells that I have right now are some 1 oz #8 shells, so I am expecting some hangups until it gets broken in.

I do not have an actual Benelli to do a side by side comparison, so take this for what it's worth. During my quick inspection I didn't find any nicks, scratches, or sharp edges. The fit and finish are very good. I loaded the magazine with 5 rounds, and cycled them through. Everything cycled just fine. The magazine spring is pretty stuff, but is manageable.

The gun comes with 3 chokes. I don't know if a Benelli M4 takes chokes or has a fixed choke. It also comes with the owners manual, plastic choke case, choke tool, saftey glasses, and a pair of ear plugs.

So far I am very happy with the gun. I hope to get it out to the range tomorrow.
February 08, 2021, 04:34 PM
dking271
The Benelli M4 only comes with a Mod choke installed. I’ve heard it is better to install a IC or C choke for slugs as well as shooting Federal flight control wads.

February 10, 2021, 12:49 PM
Klusk2
Smithbc, I look forward to hearing more about your experience with this shotgun. I hope it's not too much trouble to ask for a few pictures as well.

The Working Police.....
February 10, 2021, 01:03 PM
92fstech
What's the price point on these? I followed the link in the OP, but classic is now out of stock, and has no price listed.
February 10, 2021, 06:35 PM
lastmanstanding
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
What's the price point on these? I followed the link in the OP, but classic is now out of stock, and has no price listed.

I thought they were like $550. I'm on the notification list.

February 10, 2021, 06:55 PM
smithbc
My total was $623.24, that was eith tax, shipping, and insurance.

I took the gun out in the yard yesterday and fired off 5 rounds of bird shot. I know it's not a big test, but they all fired with no hickups.

Hopefully things will calm down at work, and the weather will cooperate, so I can get to the range and get some more shots off.

I will try and get some pics and post them.
February 10, 2021, 10:42 PM
92fstech
quote:
I thought they were like $550. I'm on the notification list.

Wow, that's crazy cheap, if it works reliably. Looks like they have an M2 clone as well, and it's in stock for $399. Wish it didn't have that pistol-grip stock, though...
February 19, 2021, 05:16 PM
Wreckless
I hope to have pics this weekend for you guys. In the meantime check out this link over at AR15.com. It has the most complete information on these clones anywhere on the WWW.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Ar...ews/1-520113/?page=1

La Dolce Vita
February 20, 2021, 05:49 PM
Wreckless

Here she is. Haven’t taken it to the range yet with the current ammo situation I really hate busting caps that I can’t replace. But I am impressed with it for the price.

La Dolce Vita
February 19, 2024, 02:00 PM
Shaql
So I just purchased one of these today. The Panzer M4 in Black is $449 at PSA (The "Marine" is $499). So the price has come down from a couple of years ago.

I had been looking at it for a week or so not certain if I thought this would be a smart purchase.

But several youtube reviews, including Hickock45's review, convinced me that this is worth looking in to.

Hopefully will get it by the end of the week.

For those of you who have one, how have you like it?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.
February 25, 2024, 06:08 PM
Shaql
Took possession of the shotty yesterday. Cleaned and lubed it this afternoon and just ordered the adjustable stock for it.

Can't find a mag extension tube for it. Either they're "out of stock" or the feedback is that the extension tube doesn't fit the Panzer M4.

Don't think I want to pay for a full Benelli M4 tube....yet.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.