SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Palmetto! Why do you make me spend my money?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto! Why do you make me spend my money? Login/Join 
posted
I don't need another rifle, let alone one in a caliber I do not have. What possessed me to order that PA10 lower? I can't leave it unbuilt....

Enough of my bitching. Post pictures of you AR10s to give me ideas of how I should spend my money.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those swine - offering wonderful toys at reasonable prices.

No AR10 in the safe... yet, but this thread may change that.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Those swine - offering wonderful toys at reasonable prices.

No AR10 in the safe... yet, but this thread may change that.

I have bought from them, tho in better times. Have you compared the prices to those published in the first quarter this year? Nearly everything is up, some substantially. If you have other means to shoot, just wait for a better time.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was always a fan until two weeks ago. I have neighbor that is complete gun novice..especially with handguns. He is interested in learning to shoot, safety, theory, and then practice couple times a week at local indoor range to get both proficient and comfortable. I recommended he go for full size or maybe a midsize (compact) at most to learn on and since he is rank novice wont likely be concealed carrying right away. He goes to two or three shops that have indoor ranges and my recommendation was to shoot a few different families of guns and then come home, write some notes on feel, accuracy, recoil felt etc....instead he comes home with new P365 SAS.
WTF? Not only bought pistol but arguably one of the toughest to learn on due to size of weapon, the unique bullseye sights, the shaved take down and slide release controls.....AND, a big and...he is left handed so the only thing we could change over would be mag release.
He said the sale guy at counter told him it was hottest gun on market and exactly what he needed...even though he told them he was a beginner and wanted to check some out that would be good to learn with and double for home/vehicle defense (SC can carry loaded in glove box or console WITHOUT CCW).
So he takes it back...UNFIRED....and they dont want to work with him. He tells them he does not want money back just put towards a different weapon and he does not mind paying a fair restocking fee but this is not what he should have been sold. Another sales guy agreed but still they only wanted to give him 50% of the price he paid a week earlier.
I could not believe it...told him I would contact main office in Columbia SC as this is not how you build customers...especially repeat customers.
Anyhow, we found a buyer for his gun and will be going to range to rent some different handguns...Glock, S&W, SIG, CZ, Springfield, H&K, Walther...all the usual suspects.
Just thought I would shar as Palmetto Arms has always been great....but proof again that individual stores and their employees can make or break a company through shitty customer service and lack of common sense.
Yes, he bought on own free will...but by recommendation of sales guy... unless are more worried about sales than customers...you dont do that especially when guns are flying off the shelves as fast as they can make them at the moment. No excuse for it....

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rchermanjr:
was always a fan until two weeks ago. I have neighbor that is complete gun novice..especially with handguns. He is interested in learning to shoot, safety, theory, and then practice couple times a week at local indoor range to get both proficient and comfortable. I recommended he go for full size or maybe a midsize (compact) at most to learn on and since he is rank novice wont likely be concealed carrying right away. He goes to two or three shops that have indoor ranges and my recommendation was to shoot a few different families of guns and then come home, write some notes on feel, accuracy, recoil felt etc....instead he comes home with new P365 SAS.
WTF? Not only bought pistol but arguably one of the toughest to learn on due to size of weapon, the unique bullseye sights, the shaved take down and slide release controls.....AND, a big and...he is left handed so the only thing we could change over would be mag release.
He said the sale guy at counter told him it was hottest gun on market and exactly what he needed...even though he told them he was a beginner and wanted to check some out that would be good to learn with and double for home/vehicle defense (SC can carry loaded in glove box or console WITHOUT CCW).
So he takes it back...UNFIRED....and they dont want to work with him. He tells them he does not want money back just put towards a different weapon and he does not mind paying a fair restocking fee but this is not what he should have been sold. Another sales guy agreed but still they only wanted to give him 50% of the price he paid a week earlier.
I could not believe it...told him I would contact main office in Columbia SC as this is not how you build customers...especially repeat customers.
Anyhow, we found a buyer for his gun and will be going to range to rent some different handguns...Glock, S&W, SIG, CZ, Springfield, H&K, Walther...all the usual suspects.
Just thought I would shar as Palmetto Arms has always been great....but proof again that individual stores and their employees can make or break a company through shitty customer service and lack of common sense.
Yes, he bought on own free will...but by recommendation of sales guy... unless are more worried about sales than customers...you dont do that especially when guns are flying off the shelves as fast as they can make them at the moment. No excuse for it....

Lol. That's a used gun once it left the store. Buyers remorse is not their problem.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
the honeymoon is over with palmetto. The prices went up and that was their main draw to me!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
and...he is left handed so the only thing we could change over would be mag release.

Being a left hander in the gun world isn't easy I know. Have him look at the FN line of handguns. Most models come with controls that are ambidextreous. I have several FN's and all have proven to be extremely reliable and accurate.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
the honeymoon is over with palmetto. The prices went up and that was their main draw to me!!

I have 2 local stores that have advised us that prices to their distributors have increased up to 75%, mostly ammo but some guns. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off due to price increases.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought a few items from PSA lately,( magazines) and the prices were great.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I don't need another rifle, let alone one in a caliber I do not have. What possessed me to order that PA10 lower? I can't leave it unbuilt....

Enough of my bitching. Post pictures of you AR10s to give me ideas of how I should spend my money.

I struggled against, ( and won - for the time being ) taking the plunge into the .308 AR market.

I'd sold off a SA SOCOM-16 a couple years back, but I'm still sitting on a few cases of various .308 ammo. My LGS had a low end, no-frills, but good enough .308 AR that I could've walked out with for around $650-ish.
What finally stopped me was the realization that after buying that, the long list of accessories were sure to follow.

The struggle continues.. Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

What finally stopped me was the realization that after buying that, the long list of accessories were sure to follow.

Yep. Sometimes the gun is the "cheap" part of the purchase.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8755 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post

PSA Upper AR-10, lower, lower kit, with Vortex StrikeFire II.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
They got me too a couple years ago. I have several FALs but this was my first and to date only AR-10 (PA-10 technically.

It shoots great.

PSA Gen2 PA10 Midlength upper w 18" 1:10 Stainless Steel barrel, 15" M-Lok Upper
PSA Gen2 PA10 Forged Complete Lower with ACS-L stock

Replaced trigger w ALG ACT

$578 total IIRC in Dec 2017

quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:

PSA Upper AR-10, lower, lower kit, with Vortex StrikeFire II.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo Jones,

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got the newly assembled PA10 out to the range. It is a real pussycat to shoot with a muzzle brake. I only tried a couple of different loads, but everything functioned 100%.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new AR-10. Been impressed with mine so far.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
quote:

I have 2 local stores that have advised us that prices to their distributors have increased up to 75%, mostly ammo but some guns. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off due to price increases.

none of the distributors have increased their prices

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have spent a bit at PSA over the years for all kinds of things. I am looking forward to and apprehensive about their Black Friday deals this year depending on the political situation and what they will have left.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what stopped me from buying from them. The prices went up by quite a lot.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
quote:

I have seen some pricing go up on things + they are ALWAYS running sales which isn’t happening right now. And the manufacturers aren’t running their stocking dealer programs.

Ammo has definitely gone up at distributors maybe not to the levels it’s selling for, but if you need to make $1000 a day to keep the lights on and normally you can sell 100 cases of ammo a day and profit $10 a case now you can’t get those 100 cases of ammo but they bills haven’t changed....

All I’m saying is don’t beat up palmetto, or any dealer, for prices being higher right now.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
quote:

I have seen some pricing go up on things + they are ALWAYS running sales which isn’t happening right now. And the manufacturers aren’t running their stocking dealer programs.

Ammo has definitely gone up at distributors maybe not to the levels it’s selling for, but if you need to make $1000 a day to keep the lights on and normally you can sell 100 cases of ammo a day and profit $10 a case now you can’t get those 100 cases of ammo but they bills haven’t changed....

All I’m saying is don’t beat up palmetto, or any dealer, for prices being higher right now.

Amen. Everyone has a choice. Spend or not. That is your decision.