SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking to get a 9mm AR that uses Hlock mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to get a 9mm AR that uses Hlock mags Login/Join 
posted
Here’s my dilemma: I ordered a 9mm AR pistol that uses Glock mags. In anticipation of getting the gun I ordered a bunch of 9mm 33 round Glock mags (I don’t have a Glock). Now it turns out that the AR 9 I ordered is back ordered and may never come in. I’d like a 9mm AR and since I now have a dozen Glock mags preferably one that takes those mags. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory offers affordable 9mm ARs that use Glock mags.

Quarter Circle 10 is another big one, since they originated the Glock-compatible 9mm AR design. Their stuff is widely available at various online retailers.

And while it's not an AR, you could also pick up one of the new Ruger PC Carbines, which use Glock magazines.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s who I originally ordered from.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Which one?

If it's PSA, they have several different AR-9 complete lowers and complete uppers in stock currently. You could swap out your order for a different configuration.

If it's QC10, try a different retailer who sells their stuff.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
PSA has two Glock friendly AR-9’s in stock as we speak and several piecemeal build your own options. Cancel the back ordered one and change the plan. Or wait... they’ll have another deal soon I’m sure.

This one is as cheap as any they offer normally
http://palmettostatearmory.com...hockwave-pistol.html

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
New Frontier Armory is another option so is Spikes Tactical.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a stripped lower and build yourself a 5.56 pistol lower and mate it to a Stern Defense 9mm upper and magwell adapter.

https://getstern.com/collectio...t_by=price-ascending

This is the route I'm going. I'll have my lower built by the end of the day. But I'm building my own upper and will only order the BCG and magwell adapter from Stern.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Get yourself a stripped lower and build yourself a 5.56 pistol lower and mate it to a Stern Defense 9mm upper and magwell adapter.

https://getstern.com/collectio...t_by=price-ascending

This is the route I'm going. I'll have my lower built by the end of the day. But I'm building my own upper and will only order the BCG and magwell adapter from Stern.

Not sure why one would use that mag block considering you can get a dedicated lower for less money.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Lowers are cheap. A magblock is really only useful if you have a registered lower (MG/SBR/etc.)

posted Hide Post
I’ve tinkered with ARs before and generally wind up with a bag of parts that I have to enlist the help of more talented friends to help put back together. I can do the easy stuff but triggers etc are beyond my level of acumen. As such I’m more comfortable just buying something complete especially in light of the fact I’d like use it as a truck gun and reliability would be important.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So buy a complete lower and a complete upper, put the upper on the lower, and push in the two takedown pins. Assembly done. You now have a complete rifle. No "bag of parts" involved.

Complete lower, in stock: http://palmettostatearmory.com...e-classic-lower.html

Complete upper, with bolt carrier group and charging handle, in stock: http://palmettostatearmory.com...cg-ch-516447421.html

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
I’ve tinkered with ARs before and generally wind up with a bag of parts that I have to enlist the help of more talented friends to help put back together. I can do the easy stuff but triggers etc are beyond my level of acumen. As such I’m more comfortable just buying something complete especially in light of the fact I’d like use it as a truck gun and reliability would be important.

Honestly, building a lower is super easy- you can follow along any number of vids on YouTube with no worries. Fire control groups (triggers, disconnect, etc) are very easy to assemble

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Won't that complete lower have to be registered as a rifle as it has a stock attached?

And I have my reason for using that adapter, but do agree I guess it doesn't make since in his case.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Won't that complete lower have to be registered as a rifle as it has a stock attached?

If it has a stock it has to be registered as a rifle, if he is going to use a 16" bbl then no reason to buy a pistol lower.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
PSA has two Glock friendly AR-9’s in stock as we speak and several piecemeal build your own options. Cancel the back ordered one and change the plan. Or wait... they’ll have another deal soon I’m sure.

This one is as cheap as any they offer normally
http://palmettostatearmory.com...hockwave-pistol.html

Do you have one?

Is it a soft shooter?

That looks very interesting. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. I overlooked the part in the OP where he said he was wanting an AR pistol. The links I provided were to a rifle lower and rifle upper.

But PSA also has complete 9mm AR pistol lowers and pistol uppers in stock.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the 4” version with the SB tactical brace; haven’t shot it yet (weather) , but everything I’ve read about them has been positive. 9mm out of this sized weapon will shoot as softly as you could ask for.

posted Hide Post
I ordered the 4 inch version in January. Just find it’s not coming.

posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure when you buy those mags and AR-15, it is required to buy a Glock pistol as well. Wink

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
I ordered the 4 inch version in January. Just find it’s not coming.

Were it me, I would pick up the phone Monday and call and ask to speak to a manager; explain the situation and ask them to honor the order they took...that or replace with a different barrel length, since they clearly have the components in stock. As a last resort, ask to cancel the order and wait for the next special; they seem to pop up frequently enough.