SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Stag 3 gun elite. Shaw Heavy Barrel.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stag 3 gun elite. Shaw Heavy Barrel. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
So I picked up a 3 gun elite Left hand upper. I have heard really good things about the barrel. I’m a lefty so I like it already. 18” heavy barrel fluted. Rifle length gas system. Did I say it was heavy??

Anyway, does anybody shoot a 3 gun elite? I’ll be putting it on a SIG M400 lower with bada.s.s. Ambi safety and Larue MBT trigger. Still d firing on glass. Leaning toward Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Should be a very good shooter.

They have been popular since Stag had some sponsored 3 gun shooters a few years ago.

I assume it has one of their muzzle brakes/comps included? A good comp + an 18" heavy contour barrel with rifle length gas is going to be a very pleasant rifle to shoot. Well..... as far as recoil characteristics and being able to spot/call your shots. Muzzle brakes are loud, consider doubling up on ear-pro.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Zeroed it today. It has one f the brakes, but wasn’t too bad. Got a few hundred downrange. I had one sub 1” 5 shot group at 100 with Federal xm193. The rest were bigger but not too bad. I’m not one of those shooters that can group time after time.

Recoil impulse was smooth. Carbine buffet system.

I picked up a Leupold Mark AR 3x-9x. It’s Mrad reticle and adjustment but it also has the elevation turret marked with dope marks for 55 grain 556 up to 700 yards. I have heard it’s pretty well on but I only shot at 100. I’m looking foreward to getting some distance with it. Hard to do around here.

I like it. It’s on an M400 lower with a Larue MBT. Nice to be able to shoot that tight. It’s not a high dollar system, but it has that feel.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Zeroed it today. It has one f the brakes, but wasn’t too bad. Got a few hundred downrange. I had one sub 1” 5 shot group at 100 with Federal xm193. The rest were bigger but not too bad. I’m not one of those shooters that can group time after time.

Recoil impulse was smooth. Carbine buffet system.

I picked up a Leupold Mark AR 3x-9x. It’s Mrad reticle and adjustment but it also has the elevation turret marked with dope marks for 55 grain 556 up to 700 yards. I have heard it’s pretty well on but I only shot at 100. I’m looking foreward to getting some distance with it. Hard to do around here.

I like it. It’s on an M400 lower with a Larue MBT. Nice to be able to shoot that tight. It’s not a high dollar system, but it has that feel.

Federal XM193 is generally 2-3 MOA ammo. So while you might see a random 5 round group here or there that shoots MOA, it isn't surprising if it doesn't though.

It is serviceable ammo, but I wouldn't use it to evaluate the ultimate accuracy of a rifle.

I have a MBT in a rifle. It is a very good trigger and exceptional for the cost. Although I have grown to prefer a single stage for most purposes, that isn't to diminish how good the MBT is.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Yeah that group was an anomaly. The others were baseball size, Along with h a couple softball sized. It was 2 touching holes on the bullseye and 3 touching holes just up and right.

TCB all the time...