SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka action at barn sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka action at barn sale Login/Join 
posted
Went to a barn sale today. Dug thru the remnants of a gunsmiths shop. Guy was in his late 90's when he passed.

In the bottom of a tool box, in a plastic container, wrapped in an oil cloth was a Tikka T3 action.

No barrel, no stock, just the action.

$50.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Went to a barn sale today. Dug thru the remnants of a gunsmiths shop. Guy was in his late 90's when he passed.

In the bottom of a tool box, in a plastic container, wrapped in an oil cloth was a Tikka T3 action.

$50.

Pics, or it didn't happen Big Grin ...long or short action?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That you will enjoy!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

$50.

Pics, or it didn't happen Big Grin ...long or short action?

All T3 actions are the same (long), just a matter of a spacer.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Shilen is getting some more of my money.

Gotta figure out a stock. Leaning towards a nice walnut.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
A gentleman that age with that action cradled in the bottom of a toolbox? My guess is that he would give you a wink and say "well played!"

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd get a manners stock and build a nice long range rig out of it, maybe sort of long range hunting rifle similar to the CZ Sonoran.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oiled it and laid it on my desk, contemplating.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's going to be an expensive $50

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's going to be an expensive $50

Stole the words out my mouth!

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. Barrel, stock, glass, BDB. Like Johnny Cash said "One piece at a time".

posted Hide Post
Barrel - $500

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
"Its a Tikka-ton...Savage-field...Win-berg...Mauser-saka" Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
What should it be worth?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone used a Douglas barrel?

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I had a Douglas barrel put on the 375 Hawk/Scovill I had done back in '99. It shot 1/2" 200 yards groups.

(no shit. I spent lots of time money on many "better" guns, untold hours/days/weeks developing handloads to try and shoot even close to that, and that silly rifle shot half inch 200 yard groups with a load I picked at random! It was probably the most disappointing thing I've had happen in terms of rifle projects. lmao)

^ (But I wouldn't expect the same results, pretty sure it was like catching lightening in a bottle and I'm damn sure I couldn't shoot that well these days)

Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post