SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Browning offers a limited availability SA-22
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning offers a limited availability SA-22 Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.browning.com/produ...to-22-challenge.html

"Grade I American walnut stock with raised comb
16.25" fixed bull barrel
Picatinny scope base included
Threaded 1/2"-28, muzzle brake supplied
Matte blued barrel and action"

It's as hideous as the original is elegant.

Just for reference, an image of the original gorgeous SA-22.

Edited to add three more images

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Vomit

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
That just does not work visually...good thing it’s limited availability.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the stock is hidious,

and fixed barrel? that is just wrong

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Oh My God, Look at Her Butt....It is SO Big! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^ Little in the middle but she got much back!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Pretty walnut grain... But the lines of that stock and metal are all wrong.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yeah. No.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess someone has to give Remington competition in the department of dumb ideas...

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like bad photoshop

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to have a girl friend that ugly but was always real proud of her talents.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Who thought that was a good idea?

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Apparently a 10/22 junkie who found some receivers in a warehouse.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I get the references to the fugly stock, but no mention of the stupid muzzle break...on a .22? The bull barrel is also kinda silly but I have two .22 rifles with them so I guess I shouldn't be one to talk. Then again, we got in a CZ 457 Varmint MTR the other day and at least to me it doesn't win any beauty awards either.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently put a Talley picatinny rail on mine with a Trijicon RMR I had sitting around after I took it to the range last fall and realized I couldn’t see the sights with or without my new trifocals. So should I take it to my smith to get the barrel cut back past the front dovetail and threaded to put my Sparrow on it or not? Maybe I’ll cable tie the suppressor to the end to see how it balances first. Its such a sweet little shooter as it is. Decisions, decisions...

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I guess it would be my choice if I wanted to beat someone to death with a .22....

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I think I could kinda live with it sans the pic rail...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
muzzle brake supplied

Interesting. As I recall from long ago, S&W stopped supplying a muzzle break for the model 41 pistol because lead accumulated on it very quickly and ultimately interfered with bullet passage. I wonder how this one will work out, and whether the lead build up could ultimately make removing the brake difficult.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
A big ole No on that !

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2753 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
That makes no sense to me whatsoever. It actually upsets me a bit that they would do that to such an elegant rifle. Who in the world are they marketing that to? Surely not your average dude who likes the original design. It seems that anyone looking for those additional features can be better served by something else, and at a much lower price point.

They are charging an extra $200 for the additional ugly.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post