SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    anyone have a remington 700 sps varmint and a gauge to measure the barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone have a remington 700 sps varmint and a gauge to measure the barrel? Login/Join 
Total Clown Shoes
posted
I have a Remington 700 sps varmint (has the 26 inch heavy barrel). I am wanting to upgrade to a new stock and was looking at the Magpul 700 hunter stock. I want to know if that stock will free float the barrel or not and can't seem to find an answer.

I contacted Magpul to ask and they were super quick to respond and said as long as the barrel measured .920' in diameter 5.50 inches forward of the breach it would.

I don't currently have my tools so I can't measure it. Does anyone have the ability to do that or find an answer somewhere for me? I have googled but can't seem to find an answer.

also interested in any other stock suggestions that are in the $200-$300 price range. Just using at the range on a bench so weight is not an issue.

thanks

Posts: 414 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your barrel contour is a Remington Varmint. All barrel manufacturers offer a Remington Varmint contour with these standard dimension.

https://bartleinbarrels.com/contours/

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The KRG bravo is another option for stocks around the same price range.

Posts: 220 | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mjolnir23:
The KRG bravo is another option for stocks around the same price range.

Stopped in a local shop, handled this chassis... I would pick it over the Magpul because of the more vertical grip. I believe a more vertical grip, especially mostly bench shooting, puts my hand in a more natural position. YMMV

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post